***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: ***** 2017 RB Najee Harris Commits to Alabama *****

I doubt he could take a spot from Jacobs, because the kid is just so good...but Harris is the real deal, and will see snaps next year. He's too good not to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Agreed that's why I think Bo and Emmons are odd men out.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I hate to say that, because you never want guys left out...but it's a realistic possibility.

I honestly think the notion Bo can turn in to a TE would make him more valuable to us, and to the NFL. Anyone following recruiting should remember he played WR on the All-star circuit because his hands were that good. Plus he came in as a pretty good blocker for a HS running back.

You make that move, and suddenly carries aren't spread quite so thin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

There are plenty of carries available over the next four years for any back who is worth his salt. It's hard to keep backs healthy for obvious reasons and we lose most starters to the NFL as juniors. Alvin Kamara and Tenpenny both left the program too early. Both would have had all the carries they wanted this season if they stayed.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

There are plenty of carries available over the next four years for any back who is worth his salt. It's hard to keep backs healthy for obvious reasons and we lose most starters to the NFL as juniors. Alvin Kamara and Tenpenny both left the program too early. Both would have had all the carries they wanted this season if they stayed.
I think Kamara was encouraged to leave. He was a cancer in the locker room and cost us some recruits.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I've only heard Coach Saban say positive things about Kamara. I recall D Henry talking positively of him last year.
Coach isn't going to say anything negative.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...abamas-former-cant-miss-prospect-alvin-kamara

Kamara’s frustration grew as the season progressed. When Alabama was preparing to face LSU after the bye week in early November, Saban announced that he had been suspended for "behavior reasons.” A second suspension was handed down for the Sugar Bowl with no reason given.

Things boiled over during a high-stakes recruiting weekend just before national signing day, during which depending on whom you talk to, Kamara might have cost the Crimson Tide a shot at flipping defensive back C.J. Hampton from Ole Miss, and fans treated him accordingly on message boards and through social media
Now let's get back on topic of Najee Harris.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

You are giving up way too early on BJ (and Bo for that matter). The guy was the #1 RB in last year's class and you have only seen him carry the ball a few times. Seems like many were saying the same about Damien last year and I think we all have seen that was incredibly premature. Your comment about academics is premature also. I don't recall anyone not making it academically with the academic system we have in place.

Back to Najee, he is going to get a lot of people loving on him and telling him we have a ton of depth and it will be easier to start somewhere else. If he wants to come play for the best RB coach, head coach and team he will sign with us in February.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

You are giving up way too early on BJ (and Bo for that matter). The guy was the #1 RB in last year's class and you have only seen him carry the ball a few times. Seems like many were saying the same about Damien last year and I think we all have seen that was incredibly premature. Your comment about academics is premature also. I don't recall anyone not making it academically with the academic system we have in place.

Back to Najee, he is going to get a lot of people loving on him and telling him we have a ton of depth and it will be easier to start somewhere else. If he wants to come play for the best RB coach, head coach and team he will sign with us in February.
I'm not giving up on them from an athletic standpoint, I just know they are very weak academically and could eventually be academic casualties.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I'm not giving up on them from an athletic standpoint, I just know they are very weak academically and could eventually be academic casualties.
how many of those have we had under CNS? It is nearly impossible to fail with all of the resources that the university provides and CNS mandates. You'll fall to the back of the line for missing study sessions faster than you will for getting out-hustled at practice.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

Harris will be at Alabama next year. Bank on it.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

This is great news. Hope it doesn't wind up the Miami mother fiasco with Alex Collins though.
Shes in bamas corner man. Harris wont say anything to reporters and doesnt do interviews because of what just happened, false reporting

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al

The BOL article is great news. He would be a great addition to an already terrific group of backs who seem to get better every week. Roll Tide!!!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

His mom said they missed the flight because she and Najee did not want to leave early from his high school game if his team was not ahead (which did not happen until late). His mom reaffirmed his commitment. Maybe there is more to it than the article states, but I see a team-focused family who is committed to UA and just had an unfortunate circumstance. I remain very impressed with him.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

His mom said they missed the flight because she and Najee did not want to leave early from his high school game if his team was not ahead (which did not happen until late). His mom reaffirmed his commitment. Maybe there is more to it than the article states, but I see a team-focused family who is committed to UA and just had an unfortunate circumstance. I remain very impressed with him.
Makes me respect him even more for not wanting to leave his team when they needed him the most..That's the kinda commitment from Bama Player's over the years that's helped to build us into the most dominant football program in college football history..Can't wait to see ya in Crimson Najee..

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

UPDATE: Have been hearing Harris had a fantastic trip to T-Town for the IB. He will be an early enrollee.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.