***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

I'd love to have a player of his caliber, and hope he sticks.

But it's two years out, home is 2,500 miles from Tuscaloosa, the west coast schools will hammer the distance and culture angles, and who knows if Lupoi will be on staff in 2017.

Long way to go before Mr. Harris hits campus.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

My thoughts exactly 4Q. I'm excited for the caliber of player that he is, but I would honestly be shocked if it sticks. A lot can happen in 2 years, and he is really far away. There will be a lot of West coast pressure on him.

His highlight video is something else though. I've never seen a video from one season with that many long TD runs. He has great vision, great patience, and a huge number of moves to get where he wants to go. He didn't seem to have elite speed, but really burst. The thing that was interesting was how effortless his running style is. I'd be interested to know if his competition is stiff at all, because he looked like a man amongst boys, and all as a Sophomore.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Big time recruit and hopefully our next great RB. I agree it is a long way to NSD 2017 and I hope we keep him. Welcome and RTR Najee!!!!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

I'm excited for the caliber of player that he is, but I would honestly be shocked if it sticks.
I hate to say it, but I agree. We've lost a couple of kids from California very recently who committed to Alabama only to change their mind. I hope we get him but it's a long time between now and February 2017 and Alabama is a long, long way from home.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

I hate to say it, but I agree. We've lost a couple of kids from California very recently who committed to Alabama only to change their mind. I hope we get him but it's a long time between now and February 2017 and Alabama is a long, long way from home.
Yeah, me too. Anyway, Welcome and RTR!

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

My thoughts exactly 4Q. I'm excited for the caliber of player that he is, but I would honestly be shocked if it sticks. A lot can happen in 2 years, and he is really far away. There will be a lot of West coast pressure on him.

His highlight video is something else though. I've never seen a video from one season with that many long TD runs. He has great vision, great patience, and a huge number of moves to get where he wants to go. He didn't seem to have elite speed, but really burst. The thing that was interesting was how effortless his running style is. I'd be interested to know if his competition is stiff at all, because he looked like a man amongst boys, and all as a Sophomore.
Look guys we can't be negative because a few guys decided to go else where. Towns actually worked to our advantage , we got Blake instead from California. Lane is likely gone after this year assuming we have another good year. Tosh is more likely to be here a little longer because he is learning and very very young , I think 33. I would like to have the kid that's starting at guard at usc here at bama but you don't always get everyone. It depends on the family and what they are pushing or not pushing. Robertson family is pushing education Stanford and the locals therewant him at uga. I'm sorry if I had a chance to play football at Stanford or anywhere else I would choose Stanford. That's about the only school I don't mind losing a recruit to. Their education is second to none. And objectively how can anyone argue against them?

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Look guys we can't be negative because a few guys decided to go else where.
With all due respect no one is being negative. We are being realistic. Everyone here would be happy to see him sign with Alabama but that's nearly two years away and remember we are talking about kids. They've been known to change their mind and we've had a number of kids that have changed their mind about going to Alabama. Every school does. Demetreus Robertson just de-committed a couple of days ago. The difference for me is I don't worry about recruiting because of who our coach is. As long as CNS is at Alabama I won't concern myself with recruiting. We have the best in the business.

I think all anyone is saying is don't get too excited over this commitment just yet. Other schools are not going to stop recruiting him. We'll see if he signs with Alabama in February 2017. Hopefully he will.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Why don't we just enjoy the news and worry if things change? :wink:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

With all due respect no one is being negative. We are being realistic. Everyone here would be happy to see him sign with Alabama but that's nearly two years away and remember we are talking about kids. They've been known to change their mind and we've had a number of kids that have changed their mind about going to Alabama. Every school does. Demetreus Robertson just de-committed a couple of days ago. The difference for me is I don't worry about recruiting because of who our coach is. As long as CNS is at Alabama I won't concern myself with recruiting. We have the best in the business.

I think all anyone is saying is don't get too excited over this commitment just yet. Other schools are not going to stop recruiting him. We'll see if he signs with Alabama in February 2017. Hopefully he will.
Negative might have been a poor choice of words ,but as moon said be excited.a difference for us is his mother has signed off on bama and he has visited twice this year from california. He will continue to recruited particularly by ucla. But parents in these cases are huge or whoever is making the decisions. Also, saloman came up with his mother yesterday as well. That's huge in his recruitment as well. He says he likely won't commit until the all star games ,but maybe that's a public thing ,where he commits to just the staff. Our qb recruiting seems to be Haskins from Maryland. Pass is likely headed to ul. He has them and auburn in his top two.

Last edited:

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

We open 2016 against USC. The Alabama brand is national. Saban's pulled players from nearly every state. Mr. Harris obviously wants to play with the best. Welcome Najee! RTR

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

We can't forget he plays a position that allows him to play early and help fight being homesick. If he was a lineman or something I would worry, but him being a RB and us being known for RB's we have more of a chance than many think when it comes to keeping him.

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC

Profile says he is from Antioch, CA.

If he doesn't have a nickname, can we call him the Holy Hand Grenade?

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

All dude has to do is check out our projected depth chart. Add in our injury luck, and that equals a high probability of early playing time, if he takes care of the off-the-field. I likes it.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Gotta love the negativity on these boards now a days. lol. Great kid commits and the poo-pooers come out to throw their 2 cents in. smh

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

he lives about an hour away from San Jose, I will check him out this Fall when I get a chance.
as many have mentioned, 2 years is a long time to stay committed to a school far away even if its Alabama.
his mother gave her blessings and had very high praise for Alabama which is a major plus for a commit of his caliber so that can only help us out in the long run.
I hope he didn't commit due the excitement and hype during A Day then come home to the Bay Area only to have second thoughts. Having Lupoi in our corner is a huge advantage for the West Coast. Let's see how this journey ends, hopefully Harris possesses foresight and believe he can be the next great legendary RB for the Tide.

RTR!!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Merely a flesh wound..........:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.