Question: Kiffin's final year with the Tide?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
O.k....here's my prediction. He'll be our next head coach.
And he'll be in T-Town for a long time.
And he'll do quite well.
I think that's why Saban hired him.
He's just like him, from a personality standpoint.
They hate the media, and they're both arrogant as they can be, but they're both really darn good football coaches.
It's just my opinion so don't have a heart attack, but yeah, that's my opinion. And don't think Saban won't have a say so in the hiring of our next head coach.
sip

Only if CNS retires in 2 years. I do not see Kiffin waiting 7? years for CNS contract to expire. I am also not sure that Saban will be ready to retire in two years, and I hope he is not. CNS might want CLK as our next head coach, but time will prevent that from happening imo.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It is a stretch to say that Kiffin will replace CNS at some point, but assuming the current trend in college football continues I would expect our next HC to have an extensive offensive background.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It is a stretch to say that Kiffin will replace CNS at some point, but assuming the current trend in college football continues I would expect our next HC to have an extensive offensive background.
It's a stretch, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked. I think Lane is more likely than Kirby at this point of time. I think we should hire a person that won't fold under pressure and is open minded because I fear unless we score another saban then it's going to be a killer for whoever takes over if they don't posses those qualities

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Ever heard of a team having two head coaches? When Bama is on defense, Coach Smart takes over and when Bama goes on offense, well! Coach Kiffin takes control. I think that would be a first.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
O.k....here's my prediction. He'll be our next head coach.
And he'll be in T-Town for a long time.
And he'll do quite well.
I think that's why Saban hired him.
He's just like him, from a personality standpoint.
They hate the media, and they're both arrogant as they can be, but they're both really darn good football coaches.
It's just my opinion so don't have a heart attack, but yeah, that's my opinion. And don't think Saban won't have a say so in the hiring of our next head coach.
sip
I'm with you...and it may be sooner rather than later.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I don't think Saban hates the media. I think he hates the stupid questions and games they try to play with him. I think that irritates him to no end as he sees it as a waste of his time. He knows the responsibilities of the job and welcomes the chance to use the media to his advantage. He also realizes that to do that he must answer a few questions for them. What I'm sure he doesn't like is answering questions that have no substance, example, " Where is the depth chart?" "How does it feel to regain to the number one ranking in college football?" "Can you win out the rest of the season?" To say he hates them might be stretching, although they will produce a rise out of him like no other.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.