Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think Saban is very good at adjusting to his players and finding something that works with the personnel he has on the team. I trust he'll do the same this year. I think from all indications from Saban is that we may be a run 1st power team (if we can stay healthy), and pass when it suits us. All this talk of us losing the distinction of "being the team everyone hates to play" has resonated with Coach Saban and I think he'll try to go back to that this year no matter who is behind center.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Saban is very good at adjusting to his players and finding something that works with the personnel he has on the team. I trust he'll do the same this year. I think from all indications from Saban is that we may be a run 1st power team (if we can stay healthy), and pass when it suits us. All this talk of us losing the distinction of "being the team everyone hates to play" has resonated with Coach Saban and I think he'll try to go back to that this year no matter who is behind center.
Unless Henry has gotten better at hitting the hole hard or we have backs that are I would suspect that we will be balanced like last year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Do you mean that you think we will run the ball down people's throats?
That was how I took it. It's just too hard to see Lane kiffin going to a power run dominant offense without Henry being a dominant back or our wrs just being underwhelming. Lane favors a balanced offense with quick strike capabilities. I don't think we can base a lot on the spring game, but I will say Henry did give me optimism at him being a semi power back, but if he does it on the field is a different question.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Do you mean that you think we will run the ball down people's throats?
At times yes. Lane Kiffin works for Saban and last time I checked all of the offenses we've had bore his stamp of approval. Lane will surely have input, but I don't think it will be close to the same system we saw last year. If you look back at our best teams we were able to run even when the other team knew we were going to, but they couldn't do a anything to stop it. The Georgia SEC title game immediately comes to mind. I believe Saban wants to go back to that. It will depend on our health at RB and on the ability of the O-line to dominate at the line of scrimmage. If we can do that, expect a heavy dose of Henry and Drake.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
At times yes. Lane Kiffin works for Saban and last time I checked all of the offenses we've had bore his stamp of approval. Lane will surely have input, but I don't think it will be close to the same system we saw last year. If you look back at our best teams we were able to run even when the other team knew we were going to, but they couldn't do a anything to stop it. The Georgia SEC title game immediately comes to mind. I believe Saban wants to go back to that. It will depend on our health at RB and on the ability of the O-line to dominate at the line of scrimmage. If we can do that, expect a heavy dose of Henry and Drake.
Georgia was geared to stop the pass that year. CNS hired clk to keep pace with hunh teams. While it would be a dream to have a power run game we haven't had three things to accommodate those things 1) a power back 2) a dominating oline and 3) a defense that can stop quick strike teams on a consistent basis. Now all three of them maybe fixed this year but we can't tell based on a spring game and I doubt we will know till after the aTm game because that would give us 4 sec games to test . I still think clk will run a balanced offense that he ran last year.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Georgia was geared to stop the pass that year. CNS hired clk to keep pace with hunh teams. While it would be a dream to have a power run game we haven't had three things to accommodate those things 1) a power back 2) a dominating oline and 3) a defense that can stop quick strike teams on a consistent basis. Now all three of them maybe fixed this year but we can't tell based on a spring game and I doubt we will know till after the aTm game because that would give us 4 sec games to test . I still think clk will run a balanced offense that he ran last year.

I think that`ll be just fine, so long as when/if it looks like we have a chance to dominate with the run game, we make them prove they can stop it ( think OSU ). I`d bet I wasn`t the only one screaming " Run the damn ball !!! "

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
[/B]
I think that`ll be just fine, so long as when/if it looks like we have a chance to dominate with the run game, we make them prove they can stop it ( think OSU ). I`d bet I wasn`t the only one screaming " Run the damn ball !!! "
Second verse: "Somebody stop the darn ball"

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We are not all of a a sudden going to become a triple option team, but we will be starting an inexperienced QB and the strength of the team may be its ability to run at will if the line is as good as advertised. Saban has made it clear he intends to win the TO battle and I think he'll have a lower risk offense to compliment that scheme. It doesn't mean we won't pass, but we'll do it when it is what the defense gives us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.