Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Guys, Miller is a very good QB, but he is not the answer at Alabama. He only has one year left, he has suffered many injuries, and he wouldn't have enough time in your offense to be "championship" ready. And why would you bring in someone like Miller if not to win a championship this year?

JMO, but the risks outweigh the possible rewards at this point. If he wanted to play QB for another school, he should have transfered for the Spring semester.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Guys, Miller is a very good QB, but he is not the answer at Alabama. He only has one year left, he has suffered many injuries, and he wouldn't have enough time in your offense to be "championship" ready. And why would you bring in someone like Miller if not to win a championship this year?

JMO, but the risks outweigh the possible rewards at this point. If he wanted to play QB for another school, he should have transfered for the Spring semester.
I agree with you on this, we will be fine.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Big, if Miller were to come, he would be following the same schedule as Russel Wilson. He worked out OK for Wisconsin. The issues then become the playbook and Miller's shoulder. Wilson has already shown what a summer transfer can do for a team.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not arguing the right or wrong of Miller coming in, but one thing is sure, if he does it is a clear sign that the coaching staff has very little confidence that Coker can be elite.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
At some point this is going to have an impact on recruiting QBs. If guys put in the time and do what's asked only for a transfer to come in to try and slide into playing time, then that could ruin chemistry. I would rather the coaches own who they have recruited and develop and promote from within. I hope one of the underclassmen win this job. Just my preference.

RTR
I don't think it will affect anything with other QBs. He would just be there next year. By next signing day, he will have already completed his eligibililty.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Well, for me it is worth it to find out if Saban wants him (and he wants to come). Give him a shot. And if it doesn't work, then oh well. It costs one scholly for just one year. Also, the extra added benefit is that it would keep him from going to LSU (or perhaps another one of our SEC rivals).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He's working on a degree.. he graduating next month right?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
[/B]
Big, if Miller were to come, he would be following the same schedule as Russel Wilson. He worked out OK for Wisconsin. The issues then become the playbook and Miller's shoulder. Wilson has already shown what a summer transfer can do for a team.
Wilson did not have that team playing at a championship level. He was/is a very talented QB with great mobility - better than Miller when he was not an injury risk.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, for me it is worth it to find out if Saban wants him (and he wants to come). Give him a shot. And if it doesn't work, then oh well. It costs one scholly for just one year. Also, the extra added benefit is that it would keep him from going to LSU (or perhaps another one of our SEC rivals).
Saban makes mistakes on players, too - but I understand and agree with your faith in Saban.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The truth is I can't see much of a down side to Braxton coming to Alabama. First, let's address how other QBs might look at this, well did Blake Barnett stay away after Alabama brought in Coker? It's not that big a deal, and Auburn, LSU, etc... have all brought in QBs with only some eligibility remaining, it's something you do if you feel it helps.

Anyway...
1: Blake Sims
You can pretty much mirror a lot of criticism aimed towards Braxton with what has been said about Blake Sims. If Blake could have that much success, then surely a proven quarterback could as well.

2: WR/RB
I'm not big on the idea of bringing in a QB to do something else, but to bring up Blake Sims again that's kind of his Alabama career in reverse. Alabama is trying new people at each position, so Braxton would have the fallback of being on a good offense that could use his skill set a variety of ways.

3: Lane Kiffin
Of all the potential destinations, Alabama seems to have the most appealing offensive coordinator. Braxton would have a chance at the QB job, but some places he'd have a better chance. However, Alabama all but insures that he'd be a contributor on a contender, without losing his chance to earn the starting QB job.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
What's the downside? You have a former top 10 Heisman finalist who wants to play for your team? Give him a shot.
If he doesn't come, we don't lose anything. If he comes, he might not win any job and end up spending a year on the bench. Downside is we wasted a scholarship. If he comes and wins the QB job, then he upgrades our QB situation (because if he starts, it can be assumed that he would be our best option at QB).

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Wilson did not have that team playing at a championship level. He was/is a very talented QB with great mobility - better than Miller when he was not an injury risk.
Respectfully disagree, Wilson made Wisconsin a lot better than they otherwise would have been. If making the playoff becomes a written guarantee of all transfer papers, they won't take place. And as somebody already wrote, if it happens, we'll have an honest assessment of our quarterback play.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Anyone who can help us win games, Come on down! Plus if miller were to actually transfer in, he would have an indepth behind the scenes knowledge of what urban is doing, could be useful if we play Ohio State again in the playoffs?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let's assume this:
We know he has a degree already. Can anyone confirm he was in school for the Spring Semester at OSU?
Why didn't he transfer to Bama, FSU, or anywhere to get head start on the playbook.
We know Russell Wilson can learn in short amount of time, but Miller hasn't been throwing ball for a while, so he'll be rusty no matter where he goes.
IF he does transfer to Bama, Can he truly pick up where he left off and be the guy we know who he is?
Is he coming to Bama as a QB? RB? WR? We could use some help at WR.. and RB.
Now that spring camp is over, and Spring semester ends in few weeks.. I would expect to hear something on Miller by end of the month...

This new of MIller, I wonder how much it affects Coker and Cornwell?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.