Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

Cowzrul

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2009
Could there be a much better outcome to this coming season than beating Ohio State/CUM in the playoffs with his old QB?

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Could there be a much better outcome to this coming season than beating Ohio State/CUM in the playoffs with his old QB?
That would be sweet. While at A Day, I told my uncle that I hope we get another crack at Urban soon. It was always so much fun to see that confused, what-in-the-world-just-happened look on his face while he was in Gainesville.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Braxton Miller is a good QB. He's better than any QB on our roster right now, especially once he gets reps within our system. The guy is a playmaker and a proven winner.

I see zero downside to this and only upside. I'm all for it. I think Miller leads us to the promised land if it happens.

....not getting my hopes up though.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I don't think he is coming but I think Kiffin has been allowed to make the call. Urban said Miller was the Best QB he ever coached, that's saying a lot. I think he may enter the supplemental draft or stay at OSU.

looking at ADay & taking it for what it is just A Day, we are going to need to see some changes before the season starts at QB, but I do see what we have is going to be what we have. JMHO

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I am of the opinion that Miller to Bama is a waste of time. He would enter the fall so far behind the others in knowledge of the offence that we would have another Coker situation. This team will win or lose with defence next season.
I'm beginning to think the "Coker situation" was not a result of him not knowing the playbook, but instead just having a natural inclination to "hesitate" in his decision making.

We saw his hesitancy this year in the spring game and he has no excuse for not knowing the plays now.

So it's hard to say BM would be another Coker situation IMO.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think he is coming but I think Kiffin has been allowed to make the call. Urban said Miller was the Best QB he ever coached, that's saying a lot. I think he may enter the supplemental draft or stay at OSU.

looking at ADay & taking it for what it is just A Day, we are going to need to see some changes before the season starts at QB, but I do see what we have is going to be what we have. JMHO
He probably was - for Urban's offense. If we accept him, we'll have to redo everything we practiced in the Spring, in order to fit his running ability. It will be more like the Sims playbook, except even more weighted towards option...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wait, CNS did say that they modified the playbook to make it work for the receivers... so maybe they wouldn't have to redo it, just add more playbook... CNS Comment last night didn't help at all.
He probably was - for Urban's offense. If we accept him, we'll have to redo everything we practiced in the Spring, in order to fit his running ability. It will be more like the Sims playbook, except even more weighted towards option...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Braxton Miller has more unbeaten seasons as a quarterback than Tim Tebow, AJ McCarron, and Blake Sims combined - and while the B1G ain't the SEC, it ain't the MWC, either.

Here's how I feel: CNS won an SEC title when his QB went down while trailing 17-7 against a Vols team that would play for a national title with a win. He won a national title with Matt Mauck and another with Greg McElroy - basic game-managers.

If Miller came in and fit in - great. And if not, he wouldn't be starting. Keep Calm and Trust Coach Saban. He's certainly earned the credit.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm going to tell you why Braxton is good choice for us...
1. Read options plays...
2. Miller can run.
3. Miller can throw.
4. He completes over 50 percent of his throws. Look at his stats for throwing and rushing... Impressive.
5... TD to INT 52 to 17
6. WIth Kiffin as OC, Henry, Drake behind him... Black Foster... MIller can excel at the highest level... Could throw 30 touchdowns...
7. Could be used as WR and RB at times... Who knows... Makes his NFL prospect realisitic...

Why it may be bad for him to come to Alabama:
1. Having to learn playbook in three months...
2. Establishing Chemistry with WRs...
3. Limited opportunites to work with Kiffin (SHould've enrolled in Spring semester with Alabama ) (*I think scholarships wasn't available at that time)
4. Coker, Bateman ( It won't affect Barnett and Cornwell)

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
If he is still eligible and "that good" then why isn't he competing for the starting job at Ohio State. I do not believe he is way above our talent level. He is just has more experience and been publicized a lot more.

So what's the point in wasting the roster spot on a guy who doesn't have time to learn the system, doesn't want to compete at OSU, is injury prone, could disrupt team chemistry, and possibly committed an NCAA violation with his Advocare endorsement.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If he is still eligible and "that good" then why isn't he competing for the starting job at Ohio State.
Ohio State kept him out of spring practice to continue to let him rehab his shoulder and not risk getting injured. They did the same thing with J.T. Barrett.

So what's the point in wasting the roster spot on a guy who doesn't have time to learn the system, doesn't want to compete at OSU, is injury prone, could disrupt team chemistry...
Thing is - Bama isn't wasting a roster spot by adding him. It's not like he's taking up a scholarship for a potential recruit. Saban said last night "we have a spot or two available..." That indicates the team has a couple of available scholarships, so I'm not sure how you can say Bama would "waste a roster spot" with him. If he doesn't beat out Coker, Cornwell, Batman, or Morris, he'll at least be an experienced backup on the sideline to provide advice.

...and possibly committed an NCAA violation with his Advocare endorsement.
This has already been addressed:

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Ohio State kept him out of spring practice to continue to let him rehab his shoulder and not risk getting injured. They did the same thing with J.T. Barrett.

Thing is - Bama isn't wasting a roster spot by adding him. It's not like he's taking up a scholarship for a potential recruit. Saban said last night "we have a spot or two available..." That indicates the team has a couple of available scholarships, so I'm not sure how you can say Bama would "waste a roster spot" with him. If he doesn't beat out Coker, Cornwell, Batman, or Morris, he'll at least be an experienced backup on the sideline to provide advice.

This has already been addressed:

Thanks but your reasons still doesn't give me any more comfort on why to take him. In the end I/we trust Saban.

RTR brother

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I guess some people don't feel comfortable with Miller coming in and taking over the helm of the offense because of Coker coming in and had issue with playbook. This could be the same issue for Miller. Another thing is the players on the team are picky about their Qbs... Remember Coker and Sims.. and how the rumors were about how players wanted SIms to start... But then again, Players would be open this time.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Braxton Miller has more unbeaten seasons as a quarterback than Tim Tebow, AJ McCarron, and Blake Sims combined - and while the B1G ain't the SEC, it ain't the MWC, either.

Here's how I feel: CNS won an SEC title when his QB went down while trailing 17-7 against a Vols team that would play for a national title with a win. He won a national title with Matt Mauck and another with Greg McElroy - basic game-managers.

If Miller came in and fit in - great. And if not, he wouldn't be starting. Keep Calm and Trust Coach Saban. He's certainly earned the credit.
Help!

I'm confused...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Miller may be a great addition, but I would rather see one of the younger guys start that may be a 2-3 year starter, lending stability to the most important position on the field

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.