Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Miller may be a great addition, but I would rather see one of the younger guys start that may be a 2-3 year starter, lending stability to the most important position on the field
Well we are 38-3 with first time starters under saban with 2 nattys , a playoff appearance,and 2 SECCG wins. We are 53-13 with incumbents,46-7 if you don't want to count 07, with 1 natty and 1 SECCG win. So a returning starter doesn't necessarily translate to winning championships.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Miller may be a great addition, but I would rather see one of the younger guys start that may be a 2-3 year starter, lending stability to the most important position on the field
Just curious. Would you be of the same opinion if you knew that would mean a 7-5 or 8-4 season in `15 ? By the way, bamaga, I`m not asking this in a confrontational tone either. :smile:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Name a QB that can start right now... Has Cornwell, Bateman, Morris and Barnett done enough to win the job for the fall? Coker hasn't either. Saban has no issue with naming any of those Qbs if they can seperate from the compeitition... Perhap Summer time and Fall is when it may happen. We know for sure in August...

The possiblity of MIller coming to Alabama isnt going to hurt us...So what we get another 1 and done Qb... won't hurt us. Cornwell and Barnett are real good... SO, I'm not suprised to see Cornwell battling it out with Coker... and if Miller comes in... It could cause chain reaction of QBs transferring.. unlikely but who knows? Might be easier for Barnett to win the job next year. I wouldnt worry about stabiltty at the QBs... Sims did fine last year.. and who to say Miller can't..

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I just don't see him coming here, but whatever. If he does he is going to probably have a tough time gelling with the rest of the team.

No one has separated themselves. Fine. That actually may be more positive than negative. It may very well be because we have 3 perfectly fine choices in Coker, Cornwell and Bateman (and two more in Morris and Barnett that we could probably win with). We are deeper at QB than I can ever remember, and I certainly do not think we are desperate with no good choices. No one outside the coaching staff (and very likely inside) knows for sure how any of them would perform with our whole playbook and the first team behind them.

Edit: That said, some of the throws at A day were obviously late. Personally I think a lot of that is lack of reps. If there is a problem with bringing him in it is that it would exacerbate the problem.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I do believe we can win with one of the QBs already on campus. The most important thing is avoiding TOs. It's nice to have athleticism, or to be able to throw it 70 yards on a rope. But protecting the football is the one must have.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If he comes here, he come here. I am not going to lose any sleep either way. We'll start off as a running team anyway until we settle the QB position and we'll be fine whoever the player is that finally wins the job. Saban will figure out a way to keep us competitive. After all, he is the best at what he does.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Last spring it didn't look good for Blake, but look how that turned out. I'm betting on the guys that we already have.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Was coming to post this.

Goes along with what others have said about Miller's travels to Tuscaloosa. He's not making those trips for the heck of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm all for him coming however it's a big indictment on our recruiting and developing of QBs if Braxton does indeed transfer to Bama and starts. That's still a very big IF but by all media and "insider" information accounts it certainly looks possible..

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Somebody please tell me this...Assuming the rumors are true, why is Braxton Miller wanting to transfer from OSU? I've been following this thread fairly closely and don't believe this has been asked or commented on.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I'm all for him coming however it's a big indictment on our recruiting and developing of QBs if Braxton does indeed transfer to Bama and starts. That's still a very big IF but by all media and "insider" information accounts it certainly looks possible..
The good thing is that we have a couple of very talented young QBs who will get only better with time. I am still pulling for Coker to improve over the summer as Sims did last year. However, if that doesn't happen then it can only be a big plus if Braxton is healthy and comes to Bama.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Somebody please tell me this...Assuming the rumors are true, why is Braxton Miller wanting to transfer from OSU? I've been following this thread fairly closely and don't believe this has been asked or commented on.
From one of the OSU articles I read recently it seems the consensus is that if he stays he will be used as a receiver or RB. I guess he still wants to play QB.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Because he only has one year left to play and he wants to get into the NFL as a QB. He isn't going to start at OSU because Cardale Jones in his first 3 career starts beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon and won the B1G championship and the national championship. Why wouldn't Braxton transfer considering that the only way he plays QB at OSU this year is an injury to Cardale. And then he would have to compete with JT Barrett. It's sad to say but IMO Ohio State has 3 QBs that are better than any QB on our roster..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.