Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Somebody please tell me this...Assuming the rumors are true, why is Braxton Miller wanting to transfer from OSU? I've been following this thread fairly closely and don't believe this has been asked or commented on.
Because he didn't practice in the spring and it's more or less the perception that jones and Barrett are the #1 and #2 guys heading into the fall. If he wants to play qb the. Transferring is the best route, but if he is content with being the #2 rb at tOSU then he should stay. Probably the biggest reason that this possibility is open for us is because him and trey depriest are best buds. Trey probably started the process.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think it's pretty clear that BM has been told that he won't be the QB next year. That's just an educated guess. If he wants to go pro as a qb I think going to LSU or Bama makes a lot of sense. He'd get a lot more reps in a pro-style set than he's ever going to see under CUM. Urby can be a real .... as well and I'm thinking along those lines as well. Personally I'd like to see what he could do at the Capstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I think it's pretty clear that BM has been told that he won't be the QB next year. That's just an educated guess. If he wants to go pro as a qb I think going to LSU or Bama makes a lot of sense. He'd get a lot more reps in a pro-style set than he's ever going to see under CUM. Urby can be a real .... as well and I'm thinking along those lines as well. Personally I'd like to see what he could do at the Capstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's getting injured out of a job (or, a starting QB role).

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I have held off on commenting for as long as I could I guess. Now, though, as they say "where there is smoke there is fire". So I might as well say something about a possible transfer.

First, I would still be surprised to see him end up here. I just don't think it happens. I will type the following with that attitude that he IS coming though.

Miller is a great athlete, and a heckuva QB. Any team he goes to, if he is healthy, could benefit from having him. The ONLY caveat I would have about him coming is that he know that the starting QB position isn't his unless he earns it, and that if he CAN'T earn it he be ready to help the team in any capacity possible. That's it.

I don't think this is anything like the Coker transfer, aside from it being a transfer, because Miller is a proven player. He lead a team at the highest level, seems to be a good leader, seems to be a quality kid, and has proven himself on the field. Coker was a completely unproven product, who was saddled with high expectations based on what others said...not on compiled data. Miller has a body of work to go along with his reputation, and if he is healthy, then I have no qualms about him coming in to play. There is no difference in having a one year starter, whether it be Coker or Miller at this point, if Cornwell/Bateman/Whoever isn't ready.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
From one of the OSU articles I read recently it seems the consensus is that if he stays he will be used as a receiver or RB. I guess he still wants to play QB.
So you're saying he wasn't good enough to play QB?? And why do we want him??? Not buying his "elite" talent. He's not. Our guys are as good or better.

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
Judging by the vast majority of replies on this thread, I know that I am in the minority. I am pulling for Coker to win the job. I have seen enough to know that he has all the tools and he is Alabama ,born and raised. If we cant win championships with our current highly touted recruiting classes , maybe taking someone elses left overs, twice injured, is not the answer to our perceived problems.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So you're saying he wasn't good enough to play QB?? And why do we want him??? Not buying his "elite" talent. He's not. Our guys are as good or better.
Are you trying to get a rise or are you dead serious? Because I can understand not wanting him because you are content with what we got and a lot of other reasons, but even if you want to challenge his elite status you can't ignore the obvious fact that Braxton has started 25 games with a 23-2 record and our guys combined have started 0 games and are 0-0 . OSU has the best stable of qbs in the country.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Judging by the vast majority of replies on this thread, I know that I am in the minority. I am pulling for Coker to win the job. I have seen enough to know that he has all the tools and he is Alabama ,born and raised. If we cant win championships with our current highly touted recruiting classes , maybe taking someone elses left overs, twice injured, is not the answer to our perceived problems.
The truth is no one knows who has what capability. I would take Braxton just for the reasons that ole miss and lsu don't get him. Jake could certainly do it but it's hard to tell. I really don't care who is behind center as long as we make it back to the cfp.

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
According to OS forums , Miller reinjured his shoulder during very light passing drills. I think the deck would be stacked against him if he came to Tuscaloosa. As far as him being the best quarterback as soon as he arrives on campus , that would remain to be seen. I personally have faith in what we have.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
According to OS forums , Miller reinjured his shoulder during very light passing drills. I think the deck would be stacked against him if he came to Tuscaloosa. As far as him being the best quarterback as soon as he arrives on campus , that would remain to be seen. I personally have faith in what we have.
Their staff has denied the bulletin board flak about reinjury. Oh, and Coker is not someone's leftovers, after three years at FSU?

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
As I am sure you know, Coker was recruited by Alabama very late in the process. He was raised in Mobile, which in my book, makes him one of our own. How do they explain the 2nd surgery?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I am sure you know, Coker was recruited by Alabama very late in the process. He was raised in Mobile, which in my book, makes him one of our own. How do they explain the 2nd surgery?
First, if Lynn Cain clears him, his shoulder is fine. Second, you can have your own definition of "ours." To me, Coker is just another transfer. A majority of our team, just like our student body is from out of state At a point this "ours" gets out of date. Now, let's drop this. Now...

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
My opinion is just as valid as yours. I knew that I would catch flack for supporting Coker and if that gets me kicked off here that would be fine.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I didn't say Braxton wasn't good enough to play QB for OSU. I was merely stating the opinions of some people cited in the article. I would be willing to bet Braxton doesn't agree. If he is cleared medically to play and he is able to play at the same level as before, he is indeed an "elite" talent. It isn't just because of his athleticism. Braxton Miller is a proven leader and a winner!

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
A healthy Braxton Miller would make us better IMO. I'm for it. If not, I think we'll be okay too. Two years without a NC has got some Bama fans a little testy. We are so spoiled, LOL! The roster is stacked, we are gonna be fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.