Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I'm putting this entire notion in the it ain't and never was going to happen category, and I am glad. IMO we have our man whether it is Jake, Blake, David or whoever starts against the Badgers. We have tremendous depth at QB (and I know they are unproven) and adding another to the mix would not have been productive...especially when he may not even be close to healthy. So I am looking forward to seeing who takes the elephant by the horns and proves himself on the field. Going to be fun. RTR

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I'm putting this entire notion in the it ain't and never was going to happen category, and I am glad. IMO we have our man whether it is Jake, Blake, David or whoever starts against the Badgers. We have tremendous depth at QB (and I know they are unproven) and adding another to the mix would not have been productive...especially when he may not even be close to healthy. So I am looking forward to seeing who takes the elephant by the horns and proves himself on the field. Going to be fun. RTR
RTR! Indeed

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To each their own, but I think Miller would push whoever the starter is to new levels. Look at last year, Sims had all summer to think of Jake coming. He was better for it. IDK I think we all need to let it play out, and see what happens.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Where are the elephant horns located? Is that a euphemism for another part of the elephant's anatomy?

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
This "Braxton Miller to UA" rumor is beginning to remind me of the "Saban to Texas" rumor. It will probably turn out the same way. It's just not going to happen.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This "Braxton Miller to UA" rumor is beginning to remind me of the "Saban to Texas" rumor. It will probably turn out the same way. It's just not going to happen.
Except there is concrete proof that Braxton has been here. I'm not saying he is coming, but I'm also not going to say that we couldn't use him. I bet if he does transfer and it's to ole miss or lsu a lot of the people saying we don't need another competitor for qb will overnight change their remark. If anything we should take him to not let competition have him. People still have nightmares of Johnny and Marshall so why risk Braxton.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Except there is concrete proof that Braxton has been here. I'm not saying he is coming, but I'm also not going to say that we couldn't use him. I bet if he does transfer and it's to ole miss or lsu a lot of the people saying we don't need another competitor for qb will overnight change their remark. If anything we should take him to not let competition have him. People still have nightmares of Johnny and Marshall so why risk Braxton.
Nudie posted on social media that yes, miller had been there. However, he was there visiting T Depreist.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Nudie posted on social media that yes, miller had been there. However, he was there visiting T Depreist.
Yet you are hearing about it 3-4 months later. I think they have tried to keep this very low key where the media isn't knocking on his door. I remember when health south was in its hey dey when famous athletes would come, and it be an unintentional media spectacle. I also remember when Sam Bradford In 09 tried to go low key but all of Birmingham knew he was there. So it's a little odd that this has been kept under wraps for so long. I don't think he is coming but you're fooling yourself if the coaching staff hasn't talked to him in those 3 times. I also think some here are so against him coming that y'all don't see the potential danger of him going to lsu or ole miss. If he goes to either it most likely is Johnny all over again if our defense still has the issues that they had the last 3 seasons. All I'm saying is, if he does in fact transfer I hope we get him just for that simple fact:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yet you are hearing about it 3-4 months later. I think they have tried to keep this very low key where the media isn't knocking on his door. I remember when health south was in its hey dey when famous athletes would come, and it be an unintentional media spectacle. I also remember when Sam Bradford In 09 tried to go low key but all of Birmingham knew he was there. So it's a little odd that this has been kept under wraps for so long. I don't think he is coming but you're fooling yourself if the coaching staff hasn't talked to him in those 3 times. I also think some here are so against him coming that y'all don't see the potential danger of him going to lsu or ole miss. If he goes to either it most likely is Johnny all over again if our defense still has the issues that they had the last 3 seasons. All I'm saying is, if he does in fact transfer I hope we get him just for that simple fact:
I remember talk about Lyle Cain seeing him and checking out his shoulder some time in December or January when the speculation originally began.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I must say this has been a fun discussion. It's interesting to read all the perspectives to and for Miller to Bama.

He doesn't scare me in the SEC. It's different at osu playing against the weak field in the big10. Stats get inflated there.

RTR

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I must say this has been a fun discussion. It's interesting to read all the perspectives to and for Miller to Bama.

He doesn't scare me in the SEC. It's different at osu playing against the weak field in the big10. Stats get inflated there.

RTR
Did you see the team from the BigTen+4 that ran for over over 200 yds, pass for that much or more, and outscore/beat us, Alabama, the SEC champ?

Maybe it is time to leave the "weak" comments about the Big10+ alone for a while.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Did you see the team from the BigTen+4 that ran for over over 200 yds, pass for that much or more, and outscore/beat us, Alabama, the SEC champ?

Maybe it is time to leave the "weak" comments about the Big10+ alone for a while.
The big10 conference is weaker. Osu and msu are obviously their biggest strengths for the past 2 yrs; and then there is the field. So yes, I think it's safe to say the big 10 has a weaker field than the sec.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.