Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just saw That on twitter ,so i came here to see what you guys thought!
I haven't seen anyone mention what was in that tweet anywhere else. Only reason I posted the tweet here is Drew DeArmond retweeted the tweet. Drew is a respected media member and hosts a local sports radio show. Just because Drew retweeted it doesn't make it true though but I thought it made it worth posting/discussing..

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Not sure why it is going to get nasty. This is big boy, big time football. If you can't compete with Braxton or Coker or
Bobby-Joe-Billy-Bob or whoever steps up and puts on a Crimson jersey; and you can't stand the thought of being the backup QB on a championship caliber team and being prepared for your shot, I congratulate you for recognizing your own limitations wish you the best down the road. Everyone can't be the starting QB at the same time.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree. I live in same town as Drew, and He's real well-respected around the town
I haven't seen anyone mention what was in that tweet anywhere else. Only reason I posted the tweet here is Drew DeArmond retweeted the tweet. Drew is a respected media member and hosts a local sports radio show. Just because Drew retweeted it doesn't make it true though but I thought it made it worth posting/discussing..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
OK, maybe it is debatable if you are talking about watching our baseball team.
I prefer our softball team. But that's for a different board. The reason I made the point in the first place that started it was because people seemed to almost copy and paste their previous posts over and over and gradually change their wording. But it's whatever, anyway this thing goes not everybody is going to be happy at who is going to start until it's clear we have a winner during the season. Much like last year. But I relent until this is official either way it goes.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
You would think that if Miller wasn't transferring from OSU he would have publicly made an announcement that he was staying. Yesterday, he tweeted, "To be successful, you must decide exactly what you want to accomplish, then resolve to pay the price to get it." His last tweet was simply "Something special" whatever that means.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I've been told its not happening with us. Decision made by us. We are going to roll with what we have at the position.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've been told its not happening with us. Decision made by us. We are going to roll with what we have at the position.
If that's the case that makes us look real bad. There are a multitude of uses for a player that talented and proven if he isn't going to be qb. The thing is until something that sticks is said we know nothing.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
If that's the case that makes us look real bad. There are a multitude of uses for a player that talented and proven if he isn't going to be qb. The thing is until something that sticks is said we know nothing.
If that's even true, why would he want to come to Bama and be a third string RB??

Bottom line is, our record at the end year probably wouldn't be any different whether he is on our roster or not. We will be fine!

RTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If that's even true, why would he want to come to Bama and be a third string RB??

Bottom line is, our record at the end year probably wouldn't be any different whether he is on our roster or not. We will be fine!

RTR
the problem is that neither side killed this story at any point and it has dragged on since January. So it shows mutual intrests on both sides. Alabama appears to be desperate nationally (which who really knows if we are or are not) and for us to flirt with this possibility for so long only to say no at this point is really stupid because it appears if we have indecision on the staff. If Braxton says no or the waiver has issue then that is a whole lot different narrative.
As far as him being a 3rd string runningback that is really up for debate. I dont think if he comes he will want to be a running back, but he isnt totally outclassed to the point that it is a for sure thing that he wouldnt play. With that said we are atleast a 8-9 win team at worst with our current stable of quarterbacks and running backs, and who knows what the max is? Im not going to base an overall projection off qbs who havent ever played. It will probably be on the heels of our defense any way this story turns out if we are playoff bound or not. But I think a healthy Braxton is still an intresting possibility. So Im not opposed to it happening but wont be disappointed if it doesnt either.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.