Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Some dude was talking about this at a bar showing the spring game Saturday. Considering how much Saban values time in the system for his QB's, I just don't see much of a chance of this happening.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Please just no. We don't need another sideshow. Show confidence in the players you have.
he would be a graduate student if he transfers regardless, like Coker was last year, so he will be eligable

I agree and disagree with it at the same time. Braxton could wind up at LSU or Ole Miss and become a thorn in our side so having him would negate that possibility. Also if we got him he would be a great addition. But then again it might discourage younger players that we go out of our way to get transfers to fill a spot.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He's a great kid and he has been a great player. This story has had legs since before the end of last season. It's Miller's life. It's CNS' decision to make. It's a legitimate situation for Alabama fans to debate.

he would be a graduate student if he transfers regardless, so he will be eligable

I agree and disagree with it at the same time. Braxton could wind up at LSU or Ole Miss and become a thorn in our side so having him would negate that possibility. Also if we got him he would be a great addition. But then again it might discourage younger players that we go out of our way to get transfers to fill a spot.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Frankly I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand he is an established collegiate QB that is talented enough to help us win an NC (not sure there is a QB on the roster at this point that I would say that about - today). On the other, I don't like the idea of bringing in yet another guy. Let's figure out how to make it work with the guys we have, who, after a Summer of workouts may well work their way into being able to lead us to a title. I never would have thought Blake Sims would have transformed so much over a Summer.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
When you distill it down to its purest essence, CNS`s primary responsibility is to win football games. His decisions regarding this and any other issue or situation surrounding the program will all hinge on the impact on meeting that primary responsibility. I trust him to do that.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
The more I think about it, I'm having a hard time seeing the negative. Folks on here have speculated that we'll see transfers eventually anyway, sooooo....

This guy was a legit, not fantasy-land, pre-season Heisman candidate last year, based on prior performance. Why not?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I would totally be in favor of him coming to Alabama. He is an amazing runner, I've seen him make a serious of moves that most guys just aren't capable of. The thought of him and Drake on read option plays is enough to make me want to take him. I don't see any reason why he couldn't do what Blake was able to do last year. Count me in favor of him transferring.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My biggest concern, if he comes, is he going to be healthy. Other than that I dont see much negative. Like I said it does have the potential of discouragement out of the underclassmen, but life happens.

On a side note it would be sweet to play OSU in the natty with him on our team. The Ultimate revenge game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
heard He's two months from being cleared.... and I looked at OSU graduation.. May 10th... I would say we would hear something by next two or three weeks....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.