Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
BM is real good. He's a threat when he's running. With BM, I would expect to see lot of play actions, designed runs, option plays. He could put up impressive number. I don't think he'll hit 1,000 yard rushing when he has Drake and Henry behind him. I dont see him staying at OSU if he lose the job. Cardale and barnett are real good, so I dont get it. Why have three good QBs and knowing Cardale and Braxton could potentially go in first round in NFL Next year?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thank you for the support, but I do apologize to the board if my post came across poorly. I truly only meant it in a positive way.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Thank you for the support, but I do apologize to the board if my post came across poorly. I truly only meant it in a positive way.
I don't think you said anything remotely wrong bud. I would think most regulars know your posting history. I appreciate your insight and honestly you've been a heck of a good sport around here. That was a rough loss for us in January and you've been nothing but classy in victory. It's appreciated.

On topic are you hearing anything about this either way? I just don't see Braxton coming here. Isn't he going to be the OSU starter again or at least in a heavy battle with Barrett? My impression was Cardale Jones was the odd one out but maybe it's Braxton.

What are OSU people saying?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think B1G would truly be torn if BM came to Bama and next January we met TOSU in the championship game!!! I say bring it on if BM can get us there!

BTW, B1G, you are a great poster and I always respect your insight!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
After we have had so many top recruiting classes in a row, with an OC everybody says is especially good at developing qbs, I'd like to think Bama might contend again this year. I don't know if whether we contend or not depends on bringing in a guy who can't win the starting qb position at Ohio State.

Again, if I misunderstood Big's post, my apology.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know if whether we contend or not depends on bringing in a guy who can't win the starting qb position at Ohio State.

Why do people keep saying this as if he couldnt cut it at tOSU or he is a mediocre qb that is looking at possibly attending Alabama just because we havent named a qb? Braxton Miller had been the starter the 2 years prior with tremendous honors, a 24-2 record, and was a Heisman front runner preseason last year before his injury. So he is no slouch.He just got hurt last year, and OSU proved that they have the most stacked QB stable in the country. I know its bitter to swallow but Braxton Miller most likely has a better chance at starting at Alabama, LSU, or whereever on a few months trying to get back in the swing of things and one year of elegibility, than trying to gain it back against two guys that are equally as good as him that Urban has more time to play with that are coming off a championship. Braxton wouldve probably had one in 2012 had Tressel and Pryor gotten tOSU on probation. It wouldve been a whole lot different had Braxton went down in the last 3 or four games of the season than going down before the season.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It reminds me of if an FSU fan told Bama fans we could contend or win the SEC in 2014 if only Coker transferred to Bama. He did transfer, but we won the SEC with talent we already had on hand.

I understand Miller is very good, I'm not suggesting he isn't. The point I'm trying to make is that we might well contend even if Miller doesn't transfer.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The point I'm trying to make is that we might well contend even if Miller doesn't transfer.
I agree - you probably do. Lord knows that you are more talented across the board than any other team in college football, and you have a pretty good guys at the reins.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What are OSU people saying?
OSU fans want Miller to stay, but play a RB/Hybrid role. Most of us are resigned to the fact that he will leave to play QB elsewhere. We are not scared of the idea of him going to Oregon, but we are worried about the prospects of him going to a team with solid players on the LOS (Alabama, LSU and FSU are the real concerns).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It reminds me of if an FSU fan told Bama fans we could contend or win the SEC in 2014 if only Coker transferred to Bama. He did transfer, but we won the SEC with talent we already had on hand.

I understand Miller is very good, I'm not suggesting he isn't. The point I'm trying to make is that we might well contend even if Miller doesn't transfer.
I can agree with this, but the line "he cant win the job at tOSU so why should we take him" has been thrown around quite abit.
Lane Kiffin's ability to develop qbs has given me better optimism so I think we are going to be in the thick of things regardless.
As far as Coker last year, I really think Blake's A-day game and the physical attributes of Coker gave the media and fans fuel for the fire in the arguement. I think the media preyed on that aspect, and they took it to the extreme for off season story telling.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I totally support you BIGTide. There is no need to apologize. I always enjoy your posts. You should be enjoying your championship. Don't let it bother you at all. Keep posting! RTR!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
OSU fans want Miller to stay, but play a RB/Hybrid role. Most of us are resigned to the fact that he will leave to play QB elsewhere. We are not scared of the idea of him going to Oregon, but we are worried about the prospects of him going to a team with solid players on the LOS (Alabama, LSU and FSU are the real concerns).
Wow that's kinda crazy that he's not really even considered as the Starting QB option for OSU. One thing is for sure....he will be a threat where ever he goes...or stays. He's a premier player.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.