Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
So if Braxton was brought in to run lane's style because our pool was determined too inexperienced or too hesitant by the coaches, hypothetically, you would still be opposed.

The problem with the whole it's going to affect recruiting argument and teams are going to use this against us thing is that 1) great players enjoy great competition serving under great coaches 2) we heard the same stuff about saban's integrity being used against him in recruiting after he left Miami. Plus alabama isn't exactly a pro factory for great qbs. If there is one area that CNS hasn't recruited 5 star top 10 players at position,until recently with Lane, it is at qb
I never said I was opposed. I think it could cause problems, but CNS gets paid the big bucks to deal with all that. :)

And again, if they hadn't brought coker in last season, I definitely don't have a problem with it. I do think at a certain point (don't know if signing Miller would be that point), you are really stacking the deck against these kids that you brought in to play for you.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sims wasnt playing well at this point last year. Rumor was that Coker was to sign with Alabama. They bring Coker in. Sim worked hard all summer and Fall. Rumors began to circulating that Sims is lot better than we thought. Sims and Coker battled it out in Fall camp. Sim won the job.

Coker had up and down spring camp. Rumors is circulating that Miller will come to alabama. Same story? is this a mental motivation for Coker? Cornwell?

On the side note- You see on alabama intel site about miller and kiffin? Kiffin showed him playbook and stated that he would be run first QB and that we expect to hear from Miller within two weeks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Greg and AJ both won NC as first year starters and Blake won a SEC championship and broke passing records as a first year starter. We were doubting all three as the starter but they all won.
Maybe I missed it, but who exactly was doubting GMAC before the season. I remember people were worried around October during the Tennessee time period, but I thought it was more or less a majority behind him going into the season. I know not everyone was sold on AJ or Blake before season, but alot of that was due to serious competition at qb. I didnt see too many people sold on Star or Darrah over Gmac who the year prior got a decent amount of pt with a TD against Auburn to top it off.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Maybe I missed it, but who exactly was doubting GMAC before the season. I remember people were worried around October during the Tennessee time period, but I thought it was more or less a majority behind him going into the season. I know not everyone was sold on AJ or Blake before season, but alot of that was due to serious competition at qb. I didnt see too many people sold on Star or Darrah over Gmac who the year prior got a decent amount of pt with a TD against Auburn to top it off.
The way I recall it is there was no doubt Greg was going to be the starter after spring practice but there was doubt about his arm strength and experience and if we could win big coming off JPW's tenure. I think that he had a rougher first year than AJ or Blake even though we won the NC.

My overall point is whoever we have plugged in as a 1st year starter has done well and I don't think we need to bring in Miller. Someone will accept the challenge and we will be competing for a championship.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The way I recall it is there was no doubt Greg was going to be the starter after spring practice but there was doubt about his arm strength and experience and if we could win big coming off JPW's tenure..
Fair,but you also have to remember we just got humbled by Florida in the 4th quarter and our team looked unmotivated against Utah. We lost Rashad and Coffee to the draft while Florida and Ole Miss by most accounts looked like the favorites. So the optimism of most Bama fans was pretty low at winning at natty.
I think that he had a rougher first year than AJ or Blake even though we won the NC.
Well also consider Gmac went against more good to elite defenses throughout the season while AJ went against one. Gmac played VT,Ole Miss,USCE, Tennessee,LSU, and Florida whose sefenses were all pretty loaded while LSU is the only one that truly stands out for AJ. I think if you swap AJ and Gmac at which year they started you would probably get pretty much the same numbers maybe slightly better for AJ.

My overall point is whoever we have plugged in as a 1st year starter has done well and I don't think we need to bring in Miller. Someone will accept the challenge and we will be competing for a championship.
Its a valid point, but again what is the harm in bringing him aboard? We can possibly win a championship with or without him, but if it boosts competition at qb why not go for it. Also if he transfers to either Ole Miss or LSU, they both would be substantially better and a bigger threat to our title defense. So why not get him just to prevent him from playing us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have no new insight and just caught up in reading this thread. But, if Miller goes to Alabama and can stay healthy, you will be a national championship contender. As a scrambling QB, he is better than you think. Watch the film. He has Manziel talent but doesn't take Manziel risks as a passer.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have no new insight and just caught up in reading this thread. But, if Miller goes to Alabama and can stay healthy, you will be a national championship contender. As a scrambling QB, he is better than you think. Watch the film. He has Manziel talent but doesn't take Manziel risks as a passer.
An interesting, bold, and thought provoking statement and opinion, B1G ! In making it you`ve certainly done nothing to quell the speculations and debate!!

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
We will be a national championship contender with or without Miller.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Please bear in mind Bama fans have a lot of direct experience in knowing what we need to do to contend for a national title. An Ohio State fan giving Bama fans pointers on our prospects for winning the title after winning one...that's almost as special as taking tips from Barners after they won it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Please bear in mind Bama fans have a lot of direct experience in knowing what we need to do to contend for a national title. An Ohio State fan giving Bama fans pointers on our prospects for winning the title after winning one...that's almost as special as taking tips from Barners after they won it.
Need to thicken up that skin a little bit. I have been very supportive of your program long before we won our title last year.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Need to thicken up that skin a little bit. I have been very supportive of your program long before we won our title last year.
My skin is plenty thick, thankyou very much. Your post came across as very condescending, if misinterpreted it, I'm sorry.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
My skin is plenty thick, thankyou very much. Your post came across as very condescending, if misinterpreted it, I'm sorry.
B1GTide is cool man chill out. His family pulls for both OSU and Bama and his comments should just be taken as insight from someone who follows the Buckeye's closely.

He's right too. Miller would instantly be the best QB in the SEC. His career stats are ridiculous and he's a legitimate Heisman caliber dual threat QB.

I don't think he's coming here at all but we should welcome Braxton if he does.

I think Cornwell will eventually be the starter but who knows. We do have QB questions right now though. It's a valid point.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
B1GTide
I have been very supportive of your program long before we won our title last year.
A very well respected member of this community. I'm happy for you that tOSU won it all. I don't like your coach, but nobody like ours either.

It's time to worry when your rivals like your coach.
------------------------------------------------------------

Braxton Miller could give us a different dimension at QB, and if coach wants him I hope we get him. The QB's behind him in class have nothing to worry about, Well except for Coker, and Saban has never promised a starting position to a player, just a good shot at helping the TEAM win.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.