Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't know. THis is fishy situation right now. Braxton needs to come out and say, " I'm not transferring, I'll be back in the 2015 with my team" But he hasn't said it publically, and I think Meyer honestly do know, but is just playing the game right now. Notice everything he saying is basically saying " I'm operating under an assumption right now that he's coming back.... " I don't hear this: " I know he will be back with us in the fall. I can honestly confirm that. I hope we can put it to rest right now." Miller is transferring.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know. THis is fishy situation right now. Braxton needs to come out and say, " I'm not transferring, I'll be back in the 2015 with my team" But he hasn't said it publically, and I think Meyer honestly do know, but is just playing the game right now. Notice everything he saying is basically saying " I'm operating under an assumption right now that he's coming back.... " I don't hear this: " I know he will be back with us in the fall. I can honestly confirm that. I hope we can put it to rest right now." Miller is transferring.
Also consider the heck Braxton would be getting in Columbus if he said he was transfering. I think his silence gives the impression that he is transfering, Bama or not, but we should know in a few weeks if not days.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Also consider the heck Braxton would be getting in Columbus if he said he was transferring. I think his silence gives the impression that he is transferring, Bama or not, but we should know in a few weeks if not days.
If I was transferring, I would wait until spring classes are over. Final exams begin tomorrow at OSU.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I don't see a problem with going out and recruiting a 1 or 2 year qb like Coker or Miller on occasion. The thing that concerns me is, IF the rumors are true, this is now the last two offseasons that we've done it. To me it says one of two things to the recruits: A) I can work my butt off and the coaching staff will just go out and find some high profile transfer to put in when I've put in my time (I don't see that as a huge problem) or B) the coaching staff at Alabama isn't developing qbs and is having to go outside the ranks to make up for it (potentially a huge problem)
I agree

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I don't see a problem with going out and recruiting a 1 or 2 year qb like Coker or Miller on occasion. The thing that concerns me is, IF the rumors are true, this is now the last two offseasons that we've done it. To me it says one of two things to the recruits: A) I can work my butt off and the coaching staff will just go out and find some high profile transfer to put in when I've put in my time (I don't see that as a huge problem) or B) the coaching staff at Alabama isn't developing qbs and is having to go outside the ranks to make up for it (potentially a huge problem)
What information do you have that leads you to believe Bama's coaches went to Jacob Coker and recruiter him while he was enrolled at FSU? I am no expert on NCAA rules, but it doesn't seem proper for a coach at a school to initiate contact with a player while he is enrolled at a another school. It is quite a difference if a player such as Coker, who was in position to transfer, contacted Bama about playing. The same goes for Braxton Miller. If a player of Miller's caliber contacted another school about the possibility of playing than any coach that would refuse to talk to him would be crazy! Since 2009 we have won three National Championships and last year we played in the NC game. I think when you have QBs that accomplished those things than it is quite a stretch to say our QBs have not developed. Sure, it can affect a team when you change coordinators. Sometimes coaches are wrong on their evaluation of players and sometimes injuries can affect players' performance. Unfortunately, not all the players signed will start or have significant playing time. That is just reality. Last year Kiffin seems to have done an excellent job in helping Sims to improve. We have some great talented QBs, but they need more time in the system to start in the SEC.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What information do you have that leads you to believe Bama's coaches went to Jacob Coker and recruiter him while he was enrolled at FSU? I am no expert on NCAA rules, but it doesn't seem proper for a coach at a school to initiate contact with a player while he is enrolled at a another school. It is quite a difference if a player such as Coker, who was in position to transfer, contacted Bama about playing. The same goes for Braxton Miller. If a player of Miller's caliber contacted another school about the possibility of playing than any coach that would refuse to talk to him would be crazy!.

The problem is with “sources”. I really don’t put much stock in when people have “sources” that they personally know about a situation that is very secretive to the media because it is usually one Alabama fan trying to use his/her “knowledge” about the behind the scenes action that the media doesn’t either take serious or really didn’t hear about. That’s why I kept silent of the rumblings I heard from people that I knew that were saying Braxton Miller was in Tuscaloosa, talking to Lane Kiffin, pictures I saw with him being in T-town,and etc. Im more a see it before I believe it kinda person.But it’s a story that has had more and more people chime in that are indicating a real possibility that are making this somewhat plausible outcome. I think Braxton’s silence is making these rumors more and more plausible as well. You could also say that he is trying to get attention out of this, but he has had all the attention in the world for the last 3 or so years so why do this? I think in those trips to T-town it is highly likely that he has talked to Lane or visa versa about this possibility. I also think his silence could be that he doesn’t want to be heckled by tOSU fans about transferring, and trey is trying to help him in that aspect by saying there is nothing to it.

! Since 2009 we have won three National Championships and last year we played in the NC game. I think when you have QBs that accomplished those things than it is quite a stretch to say our QBs have not developed..
Its more of what you called developed. If you called developed: having a qb that doesn’t lose a game, but is capable of running a two minute drive to win a game then I say yes; but if you saying devloped as: a Heisman contender that will probably start in a few seasons in the NFL then I say no.

. Sure, it can affect a team when you change coordinators. Sometimes coaches are wrong on their evaluation of players and sometimes injuries can affect players' performance. Unfortunately, not all the players signed will start or have significant playing time. That is just reality. Last year Kiffin seems to have done an excellent job in helping Sims to improve. We have some great talented QBs, but they need more time in the system to start in the SEC.
The problem with our pool of qbs is that they have a ways to go in order to mark us as the favorite for the west. We need a defense to secure that claim. A healthy Braxton would either elevate the eventual qb winner, or pretty much make the trip to Atlanta quite a bit more foreseeable. That is why there is so much Auburn love for the west lately.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Yep. We did not know Greg, AJ or Blake could do it and they did it. Lets just go with the percentages that whoever starts will do it.
I totally agree. Let's start one of the QB's we have now and play football. I have nothing against Braxton Miller but I hope he stays at OSU. We will be fine. RTR!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I would too, but which one can do this is the question.
You never know who is going to step up. I remember in 1989 the consensus was that if anything happened to Jeff Dunn our offense was in deep trouble. Then a lanky guy named Gary Holligsworth was put into the game. Our offense turned out very well with him at QB. So, maybe when fall camp rolls around someone will step up.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I can't wait until Cornwell wins the job this fall!! J/k but that is who I am hoping for. Plus I believe he is a Kiffin recruit.

This is a good discussion but I just do not see BM coming to Bama. If he transfers anywhere it will be for playing time and with less of a QB competition; not to sit the bench until he learns the system. I think many would agree it would be very difficult at this point for him to learn our system and create chemistry with the team before fall.

RTR

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I can't wait until Cornwell wins the job this fall!! J/k but that is who I am hoping for. Plus I believe he is a Kiffin recruit.

This is a good discussion but I just do not see BM coming to Bama. If he transfers anywhere it will be for playing time and with less of a QB competition; not to sit the bench until he learns the system. I think many would agree it would be very difficult at this point for him to learn our system and create chemistry with the team before fall.

RTR
Cornwell is a nussmeir recruit. I really don't see why people are so adamant on him taking the job because of spring training and an average A-day. He is talented but young. But still I don't see what separates him from Coker at the moment

I think until bm announces his decision I think people should be open to both possibilities because no one knows for sure

As far as the chemistry and learning the offense thing. I think people are basing this more off Coker and the fact that acquiring a transfer qb is an "auburn" tactic. Kiffin's offense relies on a qb that is athletic and a quick thing, and bm would more than likely be on par or ahead of all our qbs in those attributes. He is a proven qb and that is a huge advantage. Coker was a qb that was unproven but was billed as a larger than life mercenary. He got to camp and his flaws in decision making showed. Bm's only huge concern is his health, Lane could build a gameplan around him if he is our man.

Idk what the future holds, but we should know soon but it's best if we don't get hacked off either way it goes.

Last edited:

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
What information do you have that leads you to believe Bama's coaches went to Jacob Coker and recruiter him while he was enrolled at FSU? I am no expert on NCAA rules, but it doesn't seem proper for a coach at a school to initiate contact with a player while he is enrolled at a another school. It is quite a difference if a player such as Coker, who was in position to transfer, contacted Bama about playing. The same goes for Braxton Miller. If a player of Miller's caliber contacted another school about the possibility of playing than any coach that would refuse to talk to him would be crazy! Since 2009 we have won three National Championships and last year we played in the NC game. I think when you have QBs that accomplished those things than it is quite a stretch to say our QBs have not developed. Sure, it can affect a team when you change coordinators. Sometimes coaches are wrong on their evaluation of players and sometimes injuries can affect players' performance. Unfortunately, not all the players signed will start or have significant playing time. That is just reality. Last year Kiffin seems to have done an excellent job in helping Sims to improve. We have some great talented QBs, but they need more time in the system to start in the SEC.
It doesn't really matter which party made contact. The reality is, right or wrong, if Braxton Miller ends up at Alabama, other teams will use one or both of the lines I mentioned to recruit against us. It may not make any difference, but we would be adding fuel to the fire.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It doesn't really matter which party made contact. The reality is, right or wrong, if Braxton Miller ends up at Alabama, other teams will use one or both of the lines I mentioned to recruit against us. It may not make any difference, but we would be adding fuel to the fire.
Then why isn't auburn hurting in that aspect?

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Then why isn't auburn hurting in that aspect?
While auburn has played two transfer qb's in recent years, they weren't brought in in back-to-back seasons (which is where I think the talk about not developing qb's might start), and if i'm not mistaken, both of those guys were brought in to run gus' new offense. There wasn't a qb in the program that was suitable for what he wanted to do. I believe Chizik recruited for pro-style his last season or two.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
While auburn has played two transfer qb's in recent years, they weren't brought in in back-to-back seasons (which is where I think the talk about not developing qb's might start), and if i'm not mistaken, both of those guys were brought in to run gus' new offense. There wasn't a qb in the program that was suitable for what he wanted to do. I believe Chizik recruited for pro-style his last season or two.
So if Braxton was brought in to run lane's style because our pool was determined too inexperienced or too hesitant by the coaches, hypothetically, you would still be opposed.

The problem with the whole it's going to affect recruiting argument and teams are going to use this against us thing is that 1) great players enjoy great competition serving under great coaches 2) we heard the same stuff about saban's integrity being used against him in recruiting after he left Miami. Plus alabama isn't exactly a pro factory for great qbs. If there is one area that CNS hasn't recruited 5 star top 10 players at position,until recently with Lane, it is at qb

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.