Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The flow of this thread is:
1.posted news article
2.both sides argue
3. one side says Im hearing he is coming
4. one side says no way
5. One person says we are good with what we got
6. three other people like and quote the person in point number 5 and start singing Tina Turner's "We Dont need another hero" song with that person
7.person starts a random off topic conversation about qbs
8. a person then says I have this feeling
9. then two other people start to evaluate the feeling
10a. Some people post the flow of the thread and comments on it (for 1st Sgt)
10b. then we go back to #1 and continue the cycle

the funny thing is that it is still intresting to check up with

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is a discussion board. we should be able to talk about anything. No one said Miller was a savior...

Lets stop talking about guys who may or may not transfer in and worry about the players who are already here. I want players who feel privileged to don the Crimson jersey. I am tired of hearing about how a kid who has no attachment whatsoever to our school is going to be the savior. We don't need a savior, we need the kids who are here to be confident and not second guessed the whole off season about a guy who'll probably never play a down for us.

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009
1.posted news article
2.both sides argue
4. one side says no way
6. three other people like and quote the person in point number 5 and start singing Tina Turner's "We Dont need another hero" song with that person
9. then two other people start to evaluate the felling
10. then we go back to #1 and continue the cycle

you forgot #11.....someone posts a "flow of thread" list.......lol

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
1.posted news article
2.both sides argue
4. one side says no way
10. Some people post the flow of the thread and comment on it
11. then we go back to #1 and continue the cycle

you forgot #11.....someone posts a "flow of thread" list.......lol
there, are you happy.lol

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
1.posted news article
2.both sides argue
4. one side says no way
10. then we go back to #1 and continue the cycle

This great! Still this thread is entertaining on a slow day at the office.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This is a discussion board. we should be able to talk about anything. No one said Miller was a savior...
You are right and this is America. You can talk about anything you want, but it is not always constructive to discuss things that affect the young men that already play for us. You don't think our kids hear all of this chatter about Miller being the next QB. How do you think it makes our players feel who have been here 2 or 3 years to hear a kid is transferring in for 1 year to be our new QB? Remember these are still kids, not adults we are dealing with and their egos can be fragile.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't believe how many people have the arrogant attitude that 'we don't need him'. If he's 100% healthy he would instantly be right there with Dak for Best QB in the SEC. He's a PHENOMINAL player. How could you not want him?

He could be the difference in say a 9-3 record vs 11-1. He's a known proven commodity at the position. Our current guys are not. If he doesn't come then imho Cornwell is the best option and I think he'd do just fine. But let's not act like Braxton isn't a supreme player....he is.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You are right and this is America. You can talk about anything you want, but it is not always constructive to discuss things that affect the young men that already play for us. You don't think our kids hear all of this chatter about Miller being the next QB. How do you think it makes our players feel who have been here 2 or 3 years to hear a kid is transferring in for 1 year to be our new QB? Remember these are still kids, not adults we are dealing with and their egos can be fragile.
You know the older and older I get I hear stuff like a "perfect world" or "how things were done in the good ol days", and I realize that either those things never have or will exist or are a distortion of the truth. I mean I would like to say "Hey our guy outrecruited and out developed our guys better than yall's" but it doesnt always happen. Sometimes you need to win a championship in unconvientinal matters. I do realize that people feel for these kids who rode the pine only to seetheir hopes of playing dashed by a possible transfer, but the reality of it is it is a put up or shut up world. If you dont think CNS will be fair about a qb battle if Miller transfers then you probably missed last year's fall practice. CNS thinks "best man up" not "flashy man report to the catwalk". If Miller comes and brings us a championship then I think this will be a forgotten point of emphasis on who is going to be our qb.

Last edited:

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I can't believe how many people have the arrogant attitude that 'we don't need him'. If he's 100% healthy he would instantly be right there with Dak for Best QB in the SEC. He's a PHENOMINAL player. How could you not want him?

He could be the difference in say a 9-3 record vs 11-1. He's a known proven commodity at the position. Our current guys are not. If he doesn't come then imho Cornwell is the best option and I think he'd do just fine. But let's not act like Braxton isn't a supreme player....he is.
Maybe arrogance has nothing to do with it. Team chemistry can be just as big a problem (personally, I think a bigger problem) than the amount of talent at qb. A one-and-done player at qb does not exactly scream team chemistry to me. Maybe he would be just fine and fit right in, but if not, the breakdowns in communication and such could cause losses just as easily as less talent at qb.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I just think it is a waste of breathe to talk about a player who may not even get a waiver from the conference even on the slim chance he does transfer here. Can't you just see the tOSU fans laughing right now? I heard that we should know something by Memorial day so hopefully this thread will end there. His school year has ended and all we hear is crickets. Doesn't it make sense that if were going to make a move he would have already done it. He'd want as much time to learn then new system as possible.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I spoke to my brother who lives in Cincy, and his son is about to be a student at tOSU. He said from what he's hearing is that Miller still isn't healthy. His shoulder was really badly inured and he still can't throw very well. This may be why we haven't heard any news. He may not be able to pass a physical.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I spoke to my brother who lives in Cincy, and his son is about to be a student at tOSU. He said from what he's hearing is that Miller still isn't healthy. His shoulder was really badly inured and he still can't throw very well. This may be why we haven't heard any news. He may not be able to pass a physical.
This actually sounds plausible

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.