Question: Braxton Miller to UA?

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
You always want deniability. I'd much rather have it reported as a choice than to basically say to a national audience that our staff has no faith in any of our quarterbacks. If there really is mutual interest, and there probably is to some degree, it is best for all involved to keep it quiet until all things are decided.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You always want deniability. I'd much rather have it reported as a choice than to basically say to a national audience that our staff has no faith in any of our quarterbacks. If there really is mutual interest, and there probably is to some degree, it is best for all involved to keep it quiet until all things are decided.
To a degree this was kept quiet for the most part. Because I heard rumors of it as soon as January. And I knew he had visited Tuscaloosa, but took it as a visit to Andrews and Depreist. I heard of more circumstances of him being here not seeing dr. andrews, and took it for a long shot kinda thing or he was visiting his friend. There were people I know in T-town taking pictures with him a week before spring practice began, and I kinda thought it was a possibility. But nothing was reported of these instances until Finebaum caught wind of it and some of the people in T-town couldnt keep their mouth shut anymore started wailing on the talk shows,social media, and to their friends that he is coming. Thats all fine and dandy but its probably best that either side of this either comes out and says there is nothing to it or there are discussions with in the next 24 hrs because it has ran its course and has gone on for too long.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Since Coach Saban isn't in the habit of actively recruiting a player at another school or discussing where he may land we will not here anything from Alabama's side.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
the problem is that neither side killed this story at any point and it has dragged on since January. So it shows mutual intrests on both sides. Alabama appears to be desperate nationally (which who really knows if we are or are not) and for us to flirt with this possibility for so long only to say no at this point is really stupid because it appears if we have indecision on the staff. If Braxton says no or the waiver has issue then that is a whole lot different narrative.
As far as him being a 3rd string runningback that is really up for debate. I dont think if he comes he will want to be a running back, but he isnt totally outclassed to the point that it is a for sure thing that he wouldnt play. With that said we are atleast a 8-9 win team at worst with our current stable of quarterbacks and running backs, and who knows what the max is? Im not going to base an overall projection off qbs who havent ever played. It will probably be on the heels of our defense any way this story turns out if we are playoff bound or not. But I think a healthy Braxton is still an intresting possibility. So Im not opposed to it happening but wont be disappointed if it doesnt either.
The reason the Bama side has never killed the story is because there was never a story. How can you kill a story you know nothing about.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
the problem is that neither side killed this story at any point and it has dragged on since January. So it shows mutual intrests on both sides. Alabama appears to be desperate nationally (which who really knows if we are or are not) and for us to flirt with this possibility for so long only to say no at this point is really stupid because it appears if we have indecision on the staff. If Braxton says no or the waiver has issue then that is a whole lot different narrative.
As far as him being a 3rd string runningback that is really up for debate. I dont think if he comes he will want to be a running back, but he isnt totally outclassed to the point that it is a for sure thing that he wouldnt play. With that said we are atleast a 8-9 win team at worst with our current stable of quarterbacks and running backs, and who knows what the max is? Im not going to base an overall projection off qbs who havent ever played. It will probably be on the heels of our defense any way this story turns out if we are playoff bound or not. But I think a healthy Braxton is still an intresting possibility. So Im not opposed to it happening but wont be disappointed if it doesnt either.
I think the "dragging out" has been caused by the health of his shoulder, which has been a moving target...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the "dragging out" has been caused by the health of his shoulder, which has been a moving target...
I wouldnt doubt that possibly being the case, but the problem is with fan bases like Alabama and tOSU it can be a hecktive process of staying or going decisions.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Oh well... I mean... you know... Eh... With CNS in Florida for SEC meeting... I'm sure we probably wont hear something until Thursday... give or take... Or he may say something at the meeting.. who knows? I mean... *shrug*

GavinFromMobile

Apr 2, 2015
Last Day for Braxton Miller decision

Today is the last day that Braxton Miller can enroll at Alabama in order to be eligible to attend summer camp. Cary Clark of BamaMag, who has several sources within the program, believes that Braxton will be transferring to Alabama today. It is still up in the air though until the 5 pm deadline. What are y'all's thoughts? Fingers crossed and Roll Tide!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.