Link: Alabama All-Access: Behind the Scenes at Crimson Tide's A-Day

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The first thing you notice when you walk inside the Alabama locker room an hour before the Crimson Tide's spring game is just how big and mature-looking this team is. Starting with No. 86, A'Shawn Robinson, a 20-year-old 6-foot-4, 318-pound All-American candidate with a full beard and muscular arms that hang down to his kneecaps, the Tide have more guys who physically could pass for NFL veterans than any college team I've ever seen. Alabama has 11 players on its spring game roster who weigh 310 pounds or more, and that doesn't include Robinson, who was being held out of Saturday's game due to a minor leg injury.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban, who entered the room a few minutes earlier and has been wandering around sans salmon coat, walks over to Smart and the defensive group with a disgusted look on his face.
"You know what the lady [ESPN sideline reporter Shannon Spake] just asked me?" he says looking at his players. "'Are you concerned about the defense?'"
Saban's words hang in the air for a few heartbeats as he looks at his players' faces.
"I am. I AM!" Smart replies. "Lack of effort. Lack of toughness."
As Saban leaves, Smart goes onto implore his defense to "create an identity in the second half."
I love this!!!!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I love this!!!!
I love the way Saban and Smart used the situation to create motivation, but not so sure I love the fact that the defense wasn't showing their stuff, especially since Jess believes we'll have to ride on the shoulders of the defense a good bit this year.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I love the way Saban and Smart used the situation to create motivation, but not so sure I love the fact that the defense wasn't showing their stuff, especially since Jess believes we'll have to ride on the shoulders of the defense a good bit this year.
I know what you mean but I do think it is hard to get fired up to play against the same guys you practice against on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.