2016 ATH Devin White Updates (Commits to LSU)

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Re: what are we recruiting Devin White as?

Hopefully as a RB. He runs like he's angry and he's HUGE.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Yeah, this kid looks like a real hoss. Jalston Fowler II ? Maybe a little better runner, even?

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Can any share an update on D. White? Saw on one of the paid websites that he shared a tweet that leads people to think he might commit soon.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Can any share an update on D. White? Saw on one of the paid websites that he shared a tweet that leads people to think he might commit soon.
It appears he is looking hard at depth charts and early playing time. The article thinks he is talking about Arkansas since Williams and their other RB is a senior and his cousin plays at Ark. His tweet says he thinks he knows where he wants to go but he wants to be 150% sure b/c all schools recruiting him have a lot to offer. Others are Bama, LSWho and Ole Sis. He needs to look hard at our depth chart since Henry and Kenyan will be gone.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Thanks TiderJ I had heard something similar and wanted to be sure! Yeah after Drake and Henry we could really use him. Would love to add his size and power to the backfield.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Always said you can`t have too many quality linemen on both sides of the ball. With our recent fortunes (misfortunes is probably a better term), I`m about to include RB`s in that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Always said you can`t have too many quality linemen on both sides of the ball. With our recent fortunes (misfortunes is probably a better term), I`m about to include RB`s in that.
I think including RB's is a good thought. I think we take 3 RB's in the class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Devin tweeted he ran a 4.4 laser-timed at The Opening. He's 256 pounds. Think we can all guess where Bama would want him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Devin tweeted he ran a 4.4 laser-timed at The Opening. He's 256 pounds. Think we can all guess where Bama would want him.
That's amazing speed for such a big man. I know where Bama want's him but some will think he is better suited for the other side like another RB from our recent past.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Anybody know what kind of shape we are in with him? 256 with a 4.4 laser?? I`d think that that would put you into the "freak" category myself.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Well, White's recruitment just took an unexpected turn. Link

Two North Webster Parish High School football players - one of them considered the top high-school prospect in Northwest Louisiana -- were arrested Friday morning on charges they had sexual relations with a juvenile, police said.

Devin White, 17, and Keuntra Gipson, 18, both of Springhill, were booked into the Springhill City Jail on misdemeanor charges of carnal knowledge of a juvenile. Both were released from jail after posting bonds of $1,000 each set by Webster District Court Judge Charles Jacobs.

North Webster head football coach John Ware would not comment on whether White and Gipson would play in Friday night’s second-round playoff game against Amite. He referred questions to the Webster Parish schools superintendent, who has not immediately returned a phone call for comment.

Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd said the father of the 14-year-old alleged victim, who is not identified because of her age, filed a complaint Thursday night with police. The ensuing investigation resulted in the arrests at around 7:30 a.m. Friday.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

White just announced his commitment for LSU. No surprise there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.