Ranking SEC coaching jobs

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Not just the order, but the point distribution is fascinating.

The consensus is that Alabama wins by a neck, with Florida, Georgia and LSU essentially tied for second.

After that, a big gap to aTm at #5, followed by another one just as big to the barn and UTe, essentially tied at #6.

Then yet another big gap to the traditional also-fans of USCe, Arkansas, and Ole Miss, among whom there is little difference.

After that, you get to programs that have never really mattered for any length of time.

You might be able to debate within groupings, but not among them.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Vols have long battled an issue with in-state recruiting but that is beginning to improve slowly but surely. The facilities, stadium and fan support are as good as Florida's or Alabama's and the history of winning dates back for decades. Knoxville is a blossoming town just outside some of this country's most beautiful outdoor locations as well. You can win a national title at Tennessee.
Only beef I really had with the whole article. I've never been to Gainsville to a game, but I've sat in Neyland many times and it, in no way (except for it's size) is comparable to BDS!

Went this past year and always enjoy the atmosphere but their stadium is light years behind Bama. In general, so are the majority of their other buildings on campus!

Last edited:

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Only beef I really had with the whole article. I've never been to Gainsville to a game, but I've sat in Neyland many times and it, in no way (except for it's size) is comparable to BDS!

Went this past year and always enjoy the atmosphere but their stadium is light years behind Bama. In general, so are the majority of their other buildings on campus!
I agree!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Funny, before Nick arrived, Bama would of been mid pack with complaints about the unrealistic expectations of the fanbase. Now the rabid fans are a positive. All about perspective.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

Neyland is a decent 85,000 seat stadium with 100,000+ seats/fans crammed into it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.