2015 AHSAA Baseball Playoffs

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Will keep this post itself updated. Take in mind these records are not always correct.

1A CHAMPIONS
Shoals Christian (22-17)

2A CHAMPIONS
Mobile Christian (26-12)

3A CHAMPIONS
Madison Academy (29-13)

4A CHAMPIONS
Trinity Presbyterian (31-9)

5A CHAMPIONS
Russellville (32-6)

6A CHAMPIONS
Cullman (45-10)

7A CHAMPIONS
Smiths Station (27-16-1)

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
HHS v CHS...be there or be square! :) Cullman has owned hartselle the last couple years...but hartselle has won 2 states since cullman's last. Cullman has 7 commits/signees on a very deep team. Hope hartselle can compete! Winner of this will wind up in the championship game. Go Tigers. #TigerNation

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Sorry for the lateness on updating, I just got back from Dallas/Ft. Worth and working those tornadoes and straight line wind damage.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Crazy enough Madison Academy in 3A pulled the trifecta this year, they won the football, basketball and baseball titles in boys sports. I don't think that has EVER been accomplished in Alabama.:eek:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Private schools won 40% of the high school championships in '14-'15. As that number creeps closer to 50% or over...expect the call for a private school classification to increase and get more intense. I understand that MA has the enrollment of a 2A school...but they're able to cherry pick athletes they want in...and find sponsors to assist those athletes that are less fortunate. Now...let the MA appologists start bashing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Private schools won 40% of the high school championships in '14-'15. As that number creeps closer to 50% or over...expect the call for a private school classification to increase and get more intense. I understand that MA has the enrollment of a 2A school...but they're able to cherry pick athletes they want in...and find sponsors to assist those athletes that are less fortunate. Now...let the MA appologists start bashing.
While I like the private schools playing in AHSAA competition I agree. I was recruited to play baseball at a local AISA school while I attended a public school. I was told if I played two sports that my tuition would be covered which I agreed to do. At the last minute I changed my mind (my best friend was being recruited at the same time and did the same as me) but we even were hosted at the school on MLK Day as we were out and they were not, and met teachers and coaches like we were visiting a college and being recruited. We both kind of regretted the decision to not go as the school was and still is a baseball powerhouse as the school we played for was not. When you can cherry pick it really helps your programs.

Honestly I think the private schools will have to get their multiplier raised or the public coaches will start having fits over this. I'm pretty sure it is at 1.3 or 1.35 and there was rumors it was going to be raised during the last reclassification but it wasn't. I think it should be at least 1.5 to 1.75 or you will see more kids jumping ship to private schools.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Do the private schools have to follow title IX laws like public schools?
Title IX applies to schools that take public funding. If a private school takes any public funding, it would have to follow the Title IX rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.