Blue Bell Recalls...just about everything

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
On the plus side, I've sworn off ice cream as well as all other sweets and junk food in general. I managed to pack on too many pounds over the past 20 years and I'm working to shed them. I need to rid myself of about 50 pounds, and every piece of junk food is an obstacle to that goal. For the time being, ice cream is my enemy.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On the plus side, I've sworn off ice cream as well as all other sweets and junk food in general. I managed to pack on too many pounds over the past 20 years and I'm working to shed them. I need to rid myself of about 50 pounds, and every piece of junk food is an obstacle to that goal. For the time being, ice cream is my enemy.
I think it is a form of addiction for some. I've had friends who simply couldn't go to bed at night without that bowl of ice cream. My downfall is salt, probably because my blood is borderline low in sodium and chloride (hyponatremia). Sometimes, I'm one point into the normal range; sometimes one below...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I think it is a form of addiction for some. I've had friends who simply couldn't go to bed at night without that bowl of ice cream. My downfall is salt, probably because my blood is borderline low in sodium and chloride (hyponatremia). Sometimes, I'm one point into the normal range; sometimes one below...
I understand completely. Every time Mrs Reb and her sister go to the store and bring home tubs of ice cream and boxes of junk food, the temptation grows stronger and my goals for weight loss become that much more difficult to obtain.

You would think that two diabetics would be able to resist purchasing those items, but you'd be wrong.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Salt is my downfall as well. What is a french fry but a vehicle for salt?

I'll have a margarita or two tonight to curb today's craving. :)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
We must be identical twins separated at birth. I used to stop on the way home from work and get a coke and a bag of chips. That's a pound a week. I stopped that.
Used to get a small container of Blue Bell at the 4 Way-- Blue Bell is mighty tasty. Softened it in the microwave and dipped it out with chocolate chip cookies. No spoon needed.

I stopped all that about 6 weeks ago and so far I've lost 8 pounds just by cutting out the junk. Need to lose about 50 more.

If I extrapolated from my weight gain over the last 20 years, I would weigh 800 pounds at age 90.:)

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Salt is my downfall as well. What is a french fry but a vehicle for salt?

I'll have a margarita or two tonight to curb today's craving. :)
Worse, both my wife and I have borderline HBP and take meds. Hers, however, is salt-sensitive. Mine is not. We have to prepare food which is suitably-flavored for her, but then I have to add salt - a lot - to my taste. She still has a problem accepting my test results. I always say that I'll limit salt as soon as I'm safely in the midrange. I think I'll have a country ham and biscuit in the AM. Yum... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.