Blue Bell Recalls...just about everything

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
5 People have gotten sick - all were at the same Hospital in Kansas....the 3 that died drank Milk Shakes made with Blue Bell ice cream.....made at the Hospital.

Hmmmmm.......

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
5 People have gotten sick - all were at the same Hospital in Kansas....the 3 that died drank Milk Shakes made with Blue Bell ice cream.....made at the Hospital.

Hmmmmm.......
Maybe it was what the people at the hospital put in with the Blue Bell.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I was at the Hwy 280 Walmart in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, and they (Walmart) had already proactively pulled all Blue Bell products off of their shelves. I went down to Publix the same day, and they (Publix) were running a special on Blue Bell ice cream cups.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
over Listeria concerns.

As soon as it appeared that it was more than an isolated incident, they pulled everything. I can't even imagine what this will cost them, but kudos for the aggressive response.
Not near as much as a failure to respond, and it resulting in someone getting sick, or worse, because of it.

Reputations is everything to a business. I'd rather wait for Blue Bell to recover and distribute more of their product than to get and eat Mayfield free...

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Not near as much as a failure to respond, and it resulting in someone getting sick, or worse, because of it.

Reputations is everything to a business. I'd rather wait for Blue Bell to recover and distribute more of their product than to get and eat Mayfield free...
Agreed; my comment was more admiration that they went for the total recall, and not a more limited one--which I'm pretty sure some companies would have done.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I was at the Hwy 280 Walmart in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, and they (Walmart) had already proactively pulled all Blue Bell products off of their shelves. I went down to Publix the same day, and they (Publix) were running a special on Blue Bell ice cream cups.
You must be quite the avid ice cream shopper. Are you pregnant?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This morning I was at my bank next to the local Winn Dixie and saw the big Blue Bell truck backed up to the front of the store. A short time later it was right next to me as we both headed east across the Intercoastal Waterway bridge....where our beach side Publix is located.....making the rounds I suspect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.