Jameis Winston Says Stolen Crab Legs Were Given to Him

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last night on ESPN's Draft Academy, Winston talks to Jim Harbaugh in preparation for the NFL Combine. In the below clip, Winston talks about his off the field issues. When the crab legs are brought up, he says someone gave them to him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Even if true, it's an NCAA violation and, as someone on another site said, the crab legs didn't belong to the employees to give away, since Publix is a publicly-owned company. So, no matter how you slice it, it's still theft and receiving stolen property...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Even if true, it's an NCAA violation and, as someone on another site said, the crab legs didn't belong to the employees to give away, since Publix is a publicly-owned company. So, no matter how you slice it, it's still theft and receiving stolen property...
Wait? What? You mean I can't give away something that belongs to someone else? Man, now I have to rethink my entire moral construct.

Seriously though, everyone running to Winston's defense have talked about what "a bright young man" he is. Does he not realize how utterly stupid he sounded making that comment? Talk about completely self absorbed....

This guy is a NFL dumpster fire waiting to happen.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Sounds like Florida State has gone from Free Shoes University to Free Crab Legs University!:)

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I think he is going to be a "coach killer" in the NFL. Hell, he may even become a coach killer.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Doesn't this align somewhat with what he allegedly was doing at grocery stores? The story was he'd go up and say that the manager (or something like that) said he could have it and he'd walk out with something. Of course this guy even stole soda at a fast food place, he has a habit of taking things that he has no right to.

Now, either that's a very weird bribe or it's just the excuse he always used when he stole food.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I agree with what you are saying. Just wanted to point out that to my knowledge Publix is a private company. Publix common stock is not publicly traded on a stock exchange. However, it was wrong to do regardless..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It's just amazing to me that adults, such as the coaches in that video can sit there and have a serious conversation with such an imbecile.
I agree it`s amazing, but the only thing that matters now and the only thing that mattered then at FSU is what that kid can do with an oblate, leather spheroid. Period. Forget it. Time to move on.

Sad.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

He's got a point. I mean, why would someone accused of theft not tell the truth? I mean, where's the logic in that?
It's not like he can call him out for being a liar. The people that question his integrity for siding with this guy will have their suspicions confirmed if he throws himself under the bus and says he's a liar and always has been.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"Publix is the largest employee-owned retail grocery chain in the United States. Publix is owned by more than 112,000 stockholders and more than 122,000 participants of its Employee Stock Ownership Plan. During designated offering periods, Publix's common stock is made available for sale to eligible active employees and non-employee members of its Board of Directors. Publix's common stock is not publicly traded on a stock exchange and, therefore, does not have a "ticker" symbol. The market price of Publix's common stock is determined by its Board of Directors each quarter."

http://www.publixstockholder.com/servlet/ProxyServlet?path=/stockholder/Services.do

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
UPS was similarly traded privately prior to going public. Look for Publix to follow that course in the future.

Smashes former US IPO record
UPS, trading under the symbol (UPS), is selling a 10 percent stake in itself with the offering of 109.4 million shares, meaning the offering raised $5.47 billion. The underwriters, including most of the major investment banks on Wall Street, have an allotment of another 10.94 million shares that could push the IPO above $6 billion.
The previous record of a U.S. IPO was the $4.4 billion raised in October 1998 when DuPont started is divestiture of Conoco Inc. with a sale of a 30 percent stake in the oil company.
It plans to use the proceeds of the sale to repurchase shares from the 126,000 existing shareholders, which include 66,000 active hourly employees, another 40,000 active managers, 17,000 retirees or estates of former employees and 3,000 heirs of the company's founders. The hourly employees have been able to purchase shares only since 1995 and hold the smallest stake in the company. There are more than 330,000 employees worldwide.
Remains in control of management
Foundations and trusts of the founders hold about a third of the 1.09 billion shares, and top management of the company is firmly in control of the stock. In fact, since the original shares have 10 times the voting rights of shares offered to the public Wednesday, the top managers influence more votes than all the public buyers of the stock through their own holdings and their positions on various boards and foundations.

http://money.cnn.com/1999/11/10/companies/ups/

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Doesn't this align somewhat with what he allegedly was doing at grocery stores? The story was he'd go up and say that the manager (or something like that) said he could have it and he'd walk out with something. Of course this guy even stole soda at a fast food place, he has a habit of taking things that he has no right to.

Now, either that's a very weird bribe or it's just the excuse he always used when he stole food.
That's because he thinks he is above the law, and he will continue this kind of behavior because he thinks nothing can happen to him.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
If this is true....or even if he told this to the FSU officials, if they didn't report it to the NCAA then they are involved in a cover-up.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.