Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The bill doesn't go far enough. Legalize it and tax it like cigarettes and alcohol. Save money by no longer policing and imprisoning people and raise revenue at the same time by taxing it. And people who (really do) need it medically who have a different condition than those on the list can get it, too.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
And to think we thought the "clown" weren't doing anything productive. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like - but it ain't a done deal yet. Chances of any of it becoming law are iffy at best. They are saying the only reason it passed the committee is because a couple of Republicans weren't at the meeting....really? Elected officials not working and doing their jobs? Amazing...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Its a baby step in the right direction but it would still be years, if ever, before you cold buy med pot in Alabama. They passed a med pot law a year ago or more here in Maryland and they are still arguing over the details with no end in site.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
It passed the panel, but the rules committee chair, JABO Waggoner, is killing the bill by preventing it from being put on the calendar.

Sen. Jabo Waggoner, Rules Committee chairman, told AL.com that Alabama isn't ready for legislation that would allow patients with some chronic medical issues to purchase medical marijuana. "It is bad legislation," he said. "We don't need that in Alabama."

As an aside, Waggoner has been in the state legislature for 49 years.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
However anybody feels about recreational marijuana, I fail to see how any informed person can be against sick people being able to get marijuana to ease their pain or symptoms.
If you still have any doubts I strongly suggest that you watch Weed 1, Weed 2 and Weed 3 on CNN which was hosted by Dr Sanjay Gupta who previously was against Marijuana for medical use.
The idea that marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug is ludicrous. Time to leave Harry Anslinger in the dust.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The idea that marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug is ludicrous.
The historical politics behind banning a substance like marijuana - the machinations required to dance around the US Constitution in the first place - is a fascinating story. When I started studying it a number of years ago was when I first realized that to most (all?) politicians, the US Constitution wasn't a guideline, but rather a barrier that had to be somehow danced around while pretending to care about the spirit of the rule.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
However anybody feels about recreational marijuana, I fail to see how any informed person can be against sick people being able to get marijuana to ease their pain or symptoms.
If you still have any doubts I strongly suggest that you watch Weed 1, Weed 2 and Weed 3 on CNN which was hosted by Dr Sanjay Gupta who previously was against Marijuana for medical use.
The idea that marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug is ludicrous. Time to leave Harry Anslinger in the dust.
My issue is not with the use of marijuana for the relief of pain. My issue is with the ease of obtaining it for supposedly medical purposes and reuse/resale(abuse) for either recreational or financial purposes.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
My issue is not with the use of marijuana for the relief of pain. My issue is with the ease of obtaining it for supposedly medical purposes and reuse/resale(abuse) for either recreational or financial purposes.
Would you be OK then moving marijuana to a schedule 2 or lower drug?
Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin

Schedule III

Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:

Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone

Schedule IV

Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:

Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien, Tramadol

Schedule V

Schedule V drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with lower potential for abuse than Schedule IV and consist of preparations containing limited quantities of certain narcotics. Schedule V drugs are generally used for antidiarrheal, antitussive, and analgesic purposes. Some examples of Schedule V drugs are:

cough preparations with less than 200 milligrams of codeine or per 100 milliliters (Robitussin AC), Lomotil, Motofen, Lyrica, Parepectolin
http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
It's not the scheduling that's my concern. I have no problem with those who truly need it for medical purposes having a legal source for it. My concern is Alabama becoming another California, where every long haired, pierced and tattooed freak show in the state has a medical marijuana license and a grow house in his basement.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.