Arresting officers provide statements in Freddie Gray death

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've been following some of this story.....

Gray, a 25-year-old black man, died of a spinal injury on Sunday, one week after he was taken into custody.
Five of the six officers suspended with pay after their parts in arresting Freddie Gray have provided statements to investigators, the Baltimore Police Department said Wednesday.
Of the six officers, three were on bikes and initially approached Gray, another made eye contact with Gray, another officer joined in the arrest after it was initiated and one drove the police van, Capt. Eric Kowalczyk said.

Another person, who was inside the prisoner transport van carrying Gray, is a witness in a criminal investigation, so his name won't be released, police said.
"The investigation, as it stands, will be turned over to the State's Attorney's Office for review on May 1, 2015," the statement said. "As with any criminal investigation, detectives will continue to pursue the evidence wherever it leads, for as long as it takes."
Of course there are protests - it's a mystery how Gray's spine was injured according to law enforcement. An autopsy is scheduled which may reveal more info.

My personal opinion is the injury probably happened while he was being taken down - the video (to me) is a bit inconclusive but how else would this injury happen if not during the take down?

Sad situation - and CNN is milking it for all they can, of course....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.