Hillary approved Russian uranium deal after millions "donated" to Clinton Foundation

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Hillary approved Russian uranium deal after millions "donated" to Clinton Foundation

Just a coincidence. Hillary's stll broke as ever. Move along.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Re: Hillary approved Russian uranium deal after millions "donated" to Clinton Foundat

If she gets elected, it will confirm America is doomed.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Hillary approved Russian uranium deal after millions "donated" to Clinton Foundat

Her husband sold a pardon for a library donation and.........this is actually NEWS?

This is what has always disgusted me most with them and their apologists. Supposedly, they "feel our pain" and "identify with the common man," but they've always been about themselves and money. I don't mind that - people have different emphases - but like a crooked football coach who wants to pretend he's just "misunderstood," they keep it up and their enablers make it worse. It's sorta like UVB said about the difference between Saban and Meyer. Saban is a hard charger who will get the job done, hang the consequences; Meyer is the same but wants to pretend he's just a nice, humble guy who would never do anything "bad." (I'm not accusing either of any violations here for the record). One is a slimy two-face (the unpardonable sin) and the other doesn't care what you think about him.

If the Clintons actually would just smirk and say, "We love money and fame and will sell our souls for it," I'd respect both of them more.

(Not that they care). It's not their emphasis I mind, it's the PRETENSE that THEY are only motivated by helping you and OTHERS are evil for the same thing.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

This just reminds me of the content of an email that someone sent me recently. See below.

Remember what Jesus said: 'Goats on the left, sheep on the right' (Matthew 25:33).

Jesus also told Peter that if he wanted to catch fish do it from the right side of the boat. They did and filled the boat with fish.

John 21:6 (NIV) ... He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish."

Origin of Left & Right...

I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".

By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible: Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) - "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."

Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.

It surely can't get any simpler than that.

Spelling Lesson :

The last four letters in American.......... I Can
The last four letters in Republican........ I Can
The last four letters in Democrats......... Rats

End of lesson ! ....Test to follow on November 6, 2016. Remember, November 2016 is to be set aside as rodent removal month.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

This in part is why I am not that worried about her getting elected. There is just too much baggage and event the New York Times isn't overlooking it. I doubt the campaign makes it to the primaries.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

This just reminds me of the content of an email that someone sent me recently. See below....
I thought the use of left and right in western political terms began with the French revolution. Who knew :wink:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

FWIW, this went to the charitable Clinton Foundation and not into their pockets either directly or indirectly. I would be more concerned with money received directly to them through speaking fees.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I thought the use of left and right in western political terms began with the French revolution. Who knew :wink:
I'm pretty sure you are correct. The delegates at l'Assemblée Nationale who sat on the left were the more popular/radical. Those on the right were more conservative.

You know what they say about quoting the Bible:
"Judas ... went and hanged himself. ... Jesus said, 'Go, and do thou likewise.'"

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

All dictionarys should have a picture of Bill and Hillary with the definition of SLIME".

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

FWIW, this went to the charitable Clinton Foundation and not into their pockets either directly or indirectly. I would be more concerned with money received directly to them through speaking fees.
C'mon Bamaro, isn't it about time you got your head out of your arse and looked at the world around you?

:rolleyes:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Possibly. In many cases it depends on the donor. Whether they gave to the charitable foundation, a speaking fee, or directly to their campaign there is always the question of what they may want in return. if a person has proven themselves able to be trusted even some of it can be disregarded. There are still people who can do the right thing and resist corruption even when money is received from less than savory donors.

IMO the Clintons haven't earned that trust.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

C'mon Bamaro, isn't it about time you got your head out of your arse and looked at the world around you?

:rolleyes:
Really. Please re-read my post. You want to waste time worrying about whether an unrestricted gift to a charitable organization is a big deal, go ahead. I would be much, much more concerned about the massive speaking fees which went into their pockets. That's what bothers you about her?

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

Doesn't Chelsea sit on the Clinton Foundation Board?

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

I really have no idea. I dont think that would make any difference on whether Hillary should be POTUS or not.
She is receiving a $600,000 salary from that foundation. I say that is a pretty big thing.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

She is receiving a $600,000 salary from that foundation. I say that is a pretty big thing.
You should look into nepotism issues then. She would be making that with or without the Russian deal so for all practical purposes it doesn't matter to the Russian deal.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

you should look into nepotism issues then. She would be making that with or without the russian deal so for all practical purposes it doesn't matter to the russian deal.
nothing to see here. Move along.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Really. Please re-read my post. You want to waste time worrying about whether an unrestricted gift to a charitable organization is a big deal, go ahead. I would be much, much more concerned about the massive speaking fees which went into their pockets. That's what bothers you about her?

No, what bothers me is a former SOS and a candidate for POTUS as well as a former First Lady to a POTUS nicknamed Slick Willie redefining sleaze and corruption and probably putting our country at risk. That freaking really bothers me and it should bother anyone with walking around sense.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

No, what bothers me is a former SOS and a candidate for POTUS as well as a former First Lady to a POTUS nicknamed Slick Willie redefining sleaze and corruption and probably putting our country at risk. That freaking really bothers me and it should bother anyone with walking around sense.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Probably? Selling out our country's Uranium supplies to the Russians, and it only probably puts our country at risk? What happens when the Russians ship all our Uranium out and we have nothing to power our nuclear power plants?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.