I think we're in the midst of an unprecedented streak.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
The incredible state is Bama has been in the National Championship race until the very end since 2008 except the 2010 season. That's one hell of a run. Stop Tebow in 08, freak fieldgoal return in 2013 and Sim's interceptions last year, and would have 3 more nattys.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I understand the winning percentage argument and it certainly makes sense. Another way to approach it might be to say: I get a real kick out of it whenever we win a game. It makes for a great day. If you are averaging twelve wins per year verses the old standard of ten...that's two more "great days" per season, any way you figure it.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
IMHO, if your going to talk about "unprecedented streaks" over the course of NCAA history then it has to be % based.

http://football.stassen.com/records/compute-request.html

Boise State from 2006-2012 (7 years) had a better winning % than Alabama from 2008-2014. I'm sure there have been others.
%age is 1 way to present statistics but is certainly not the best measure of team quality in my mind. For example, how do you feel Boise State's %age would stack up had they played Alabama's schedule over the same period (or LSU's, FSU's or even the barn)? I think they would look more like Vandy.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.