Is the Higher Education Bubble about to Burst?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My rough count shows that nine SEC schools charge more than LSU for attendance (in-state tuition + fees). Only four schools charge less: MSU, UM, UF, and Arky.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Students asking the taxpayers to write off their student loans after their on-line college goes belly-up.

There appears to be a camels nose under the tent flap.

For 33-year-old Tasha Rincon, a mother of three, relief from her government loans for Corinthian cannot come soon enough. Deeply in debt, Rincon says she can't even afford to buy groceries and is working three hours a day in a school cafeteria about an hour away from her home in Lake Elsinore, California. "It's just not fair," said Rincon, who graduated in 2012 from Corinthian's Everest College with an associate's degree in criminal justice and a bachelor's degree in business management. She's earning nowhere close to the $45,000 that recruiters had promised her. "If it had helped me get a better job, I could do more for my kids," Rincon said in an interview. She owes more than $43,000 in student loans and is waiting to hear from the Education Department whether her loans will be erased.
Except they're not being "erased." Ms. Rincon is asking her neighbors to pick up the tab for her failure to investigate before spending $43,000 on a disreputable fly by night institution of higher learning.
Is it "fair" to ask your neighbors to pick up the tab for your gullibility and lack of investigation and forethought? Evidently so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.