Got to meet Billy Napier Today!

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Coach Napier came by today where I teach to visit with one of our boys. Everyone in our building was making sure I knew "An Alabama coach is here. We need to make sure you get to meet him." Well, as he is walking out I spotted the script A and introduced myself and shook his hand. Super nice guy! I didn't realize he had family in Huntsville, where I'm originally from. We talked a little about the Rocket City and how great it is there. What I loved most was how down to earth he was. Very easy to talk to and very approachable.

I asked him about A Day and he said the coaches were pleased with the progress. He said the boys are hungry and are working extremely hard. I thanked him for his time as I knew he had other places to be. One of my fellow teachers said, "Coach, you won't find a bigger Alabama fan than this guy." Coach Napier smiled and shook my hand again:)

It was a good day!

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Cool story and real treat for you.
Coach Napier came by today where I teach to visit with one of our boys. Everyone in our building was making sure I knew "An Alabama coach is here. We need to make sure you get to meet him." Well, as he is walking out I spotted the script A and introduced myself and shook his hand. Super nice guy! I didn't realize he had family in Huntsville, where I'm originally from. We talked a little about the Rocket City and how great it is there. What I loved most was how down to earth he was. Very easy to talk to and very approachable.

I asked him about A Day and he said the coaches were pleased with the progress. He said the boys are hungry and are working extremely hard. I thanked him for his time as I knew he had other places to be. One of my fellow teachers said, "Coach, you won't find a bigger Alabama fan than this guy." Coach Napier smiled and shook my hand again:)

It was a good day!

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Good story. Very cool!! Now, the bigger question is, isyour student going going to end up at Bama? ��

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Well, the kid is a Sophomore OL so he's got some time to grow, as Keith Jackson used to say:). He's got some great skills and is really dedicated to getting things right. I'm good friends with our football coach and he went with this kid to A Day last weekend. Said they had a great time. Coach has no allegiances to any colleges and wants what is the best situation for his boys. Coach said to me, "It's Bama. When they call, you pick up the phone. With all they have both athletically and academically going on down there, you have to consider it. They do things the right way." Said the facilities amazing and his boy would be taken care of.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.