You Aren’t Really Offended All The Time, So Please Stop Pretending

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
that was a good read. he left out the fundies that consistently whine about being persecuted and the wingnuts that are victims of perpetual government tyranny
Yup, I noticed that - probably hit too close to home for him.

I don't agree with everything he writes, but he's pretty good.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

"My dear young man, don't take it too hard. Your work is ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many [words], that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
that was a good read. he left out the fundies that consistently whine about being persecuted and the wingnuts that are victims of perpetual government tyranny
He actually wrote an entire article about that the other day (at least the religious "persecution" in this country). I'll see if I can find it. It was about the true persecution Christians are facing the Middle East and our apathy towards it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
i read it, but he didn't really deal with the part about the whining about being persecuted except for a very small blurb at the end. i thought the first article of his in the thread was better written. the second made me think of him as the cool-bro fundy type. i had my fill of that in my younger days
I know, I'm not a fan of that shtick either. I just came away from the article thinking about how real the persecution was over there compared to what goes on in our country.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
i read it, but he didn't really deal with the part about the whining about being persecuted except for a very small blurb at the end. i thought the first article of his in the thread was better written. the second made me think of him as the cool-bro fundy type. i had my fill of that in my younger days
Funny - he's actually gotten criticism from readers for his lack of "coverage" of Christian persecution stories and his ambivalence about the whole Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks boycott/buycotts.
He's a very good writer and knows how to get a reaction.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I know, I'm not a fan of that shtick either. I just came away from the article thinking about how real the persecution was over there compared to what goes on in our country.
yes, i agree. it is very real. there are hundreds of millions of folks that live in horrific conditions and i am thankful i am not one of them

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Funny - he's actually gotten criticism from readers for his lack of "coverage" of Christian persecution stories and his ambivalence about the whole Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks boycott/buycotts.
He's a very good writer and knows how to get a reaction.
i enjoyed the first article (in the thread) and thought it was well written. the second just rubbed me the wrong way.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Your offense outrages me!!!1

Your lack of outrage offends me and the fact you are offended by my offendedness makes me OUTRAGED!!!11

I do not tolerate intolerant people. My mind is set: I dislike closed-minded people.
Nice. This shows the absurdity that believing the right to not be offended is somehow part of The Bill of Rights. Something offends us daily. We get up, put on our big boy pants, and get on with life......or we sit down, whine and wait for the government or a lawyer to make us feel all better with something "free" that has been stolen from someone else.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.