A Graphic About President Obama. Can You Dispute These Figures?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
CBO estimates Federal debt to rise from $10.1 trillion to $19.1 trillion under Urkel's reign.
You cannot take "credit," such as it is, for the stimulus without accepting responsibility for the debt that paid for it.

The guy is an unmitigated disaster.
I agree. We have bought recovery on credit. This has to be paid back. It's not just been Obama, but also W (Of course you have repubs and dems on the hill too). We have had ~16 years of bad economic management as far as national debt goes. We have a temporary bounce back for this Im thankful for it has helped many people but eventually we will have to pay the bill for these government polices from both parties. Young families like mine (in our 30s) and my children have a heavy tax load coming, and I fear it won't be just the wealthy paying their "fair share." We all will pay more than our fair share. As a matter of fact its already happening. We are a middle class family and paid our "fair share" for sure this year in taxes. In addition to weekly withholdings, I wrote a check for $1,700.00. Nothing changed from the past 4-5 years. Salary the same. Deductions the same. Paid more in taxes.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have no idea what the numbers are but rather than comparing from LBJ to BO, many many years that BO had nothing to do with, how about some figures from when Dubya left to now?
Well, Bill Clinton told us all in 1991:

"Middle-class people are spending more hours on the job, spending less time with their children, bringing home a smaller paycheck to pay more for health care and housing and education."

So I guess under Pappy Bush those more hours on the job were a good thing? We all know Bill Clinton wouldn't lie!!!!

(Before this goes any further, I don't believe any of this, but I'll play along).

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Much of the drop in unemployment is simply people who gave up looking for work, and, after two years are no longer counted among the unemployed.
Probably true, but i think that is going to be the general trend for the future regardless of the president. There are plenty of articles out there where economist point to technology as a large driver in the slow job growth for the last decade or so. I think they are right. The developed world needs to get used to the idea of not enough jobs to go around and figure out how we are going to deal with that as a society.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Probably true, but i think that is going to be the general trend for the future regardless of the president.
Perhaps. That is why the labor participation rate is the better evaluation criterion. A larger number of people are simply not working. That ain't good.
There are plenty of articles out there where economist point to technology as a large driver in the slow job growth for the last decade or so. I think they are right. The developed world needs to get used to the idea of not enough jobs to go around and figure out how we are going to deal with that as a society.
i am not sure about the methodology of such a study. The amount of work to be done, and shared among the available work force, is not static at all. Only a Keynesian could make such an egregious error. Technology may shift the amount of labor required from industry to industry, but I do not believe it determines in any meaningful way the total amount of man hours the economy could use.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
And in another unfortunate trend that has gained momentum under Urkel's regime, the number of Americand with permanent disability has grown 14.3% since Urkel took office.
Disability is now, effectively, permanent unemployment insurance. No need to ever look for a job again.
IWF - Americans on Disability Skyrocket – Especially Under Obama
www.iwf.org/.../Americans-on-Disability-Skyrocket-–-Especially-Under-Obama

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
And in another unfortunate trend that has gained momentum under Urkel's regime, the number of Americand with permanent disability has grown 14.3% since Urkel took office.
Disability is now, effectively, permanent unemployment insurance. No need to ever look for a job again.
IWF - Americans on Disability Skyrocket – Especially Under Obama
www.iwf.org/.../Americans-on-Disability-Skyrocket-–-Especially-Under-Obama
That is a truly disturbing trend, and we need legislation to make it harder to get such benefits.

tidegrandpa

All-American
When you pump printed un backed money into an economy pumped up by the gubment, it gets you a Dow like that Seebell, look it up.
But they do count it. 18 trillion dollars. That was left off your FACEBOOK post.
Tell the the thruth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hey Libs -- for once, can't you address a topic instead of the ole Shuck and Jive?

Are you giving him a pass for Afghanistan?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Shouldn't the guy who started the war take the blame for those 1,657 deaths?
Nope -- at some point, Obama does have to take ownership -- he's now been in charge of troops in Afghanistan longer than Bush ever was. He's had plenty of time to get the Soldiers out if he wanted to.

So, no.....can't blame Bush for the other 1100 -- sorry

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I don't dispute your graphic Cajun. No one has disputed my OP graphic. Just a bunch of "yeah but". Or "we should really calculate things this way".

The two longest wars in US History. So many of our finest sacrificed. For What?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I don't dispute your graphic Cajun. No one has disputed my OP graphic. Just a bunch of "yeah but". Or "we should really calculate things this way".
Well, you can't argue with a few (cherry-picked) stats that are pulled by an unbiased source.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.