A Graphic About President Obama. Can You Dispute These Figures?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The unemployment figure is easily disputed.

The DOW and S&P mean absolutely nothing to me.

And I challenge you, seebell, to give me verifiable proof of why I should attribute these statistics to Obama anyway.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The economy will naturally expand if it is allowed to. The occasional recesion is normal and healthy; the economy then bounces back stronger than ever. What we have had is a government-caused severe recession followed by government-caused near-stagnation.

I (and others) said at the time of Obama's central planning of the recovery that we would not have an economic boom, but probably a decade of low growth. Well, that's what we've had so far. So, while Obama can try to take credit for our stagnate/slow growth economy, he should only be applauded if you have an "everyone gets a participation trophy" mentality. What Obama has done is deprive us of an economic boom, which was easily predicted.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The economy will naturally expand if it is allowed to. The occasional recesion is normal and healthy; the economy then bounces back stronger than ever. What we have had is a government-caused severe recession followed by government-caused near-stagnation.

I (and others) said at the time of Obama's central planning of the recovery that we would not have an economic boom, but probably a decade of low growth. Well, that's what we've had so far. So, while Obama can try to take credit for our stagnate/slow growth economy, he should only be applauded if you have an "everyone gets a participation trophy" mentality. What Obama has done is deprive us of an economic boom, which was easily predicted.
*** Well-said ***

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Labor participation rate January 2009 - April 2015
Jan 2009: 66.7%
April 2015: 62.5%.
Much of the drop in unemployment is simply people who gave up looking for work, and, after two years are no longer counted among the unemployed.
there is also the underemployed. just because you have a job doesn't mean it is a good job that you are qualified to do. I know of many people with architecture degrees that aren't doing that right now.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I disagree also with the Unemployment total. Do these people count people on welfare as employed?

Where is the National Debt statistic?

Thanks for your post Tidewater.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
OMG, Really? How many of these "employed" are the messiah's stooges in all his tax payer supported 'jobs'? Where is the national debt numbers this idiot has rung up to record levels?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Well, as long as we're playing the idle speculation card, if Obama's policies have prevented a boom economy, it should also be noted that his polices--specifically the stimulus (poorly conceived as it was) and auto bailout--prevented a much severe recession, if not depression. So it balances out.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Well, as long as we're playing the idle speculation card, if Obama's policies have prevented a boom economy, it should also be noted that his polices--specifically the stimulus (poorly conceived as it was) and auto bailout--prevented a much severe recession, if not depression. So it balances out.
Lol

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Grasping for straws. The labor participation rate and underemployment trump those numbers alone along with the 2 trillion dollars of American money sitting in foreign accounts. Talk about the middle class. What middle class?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I’ve also said that the stimulus probably did shorten the recession, but that the cost far exceeded the gains.

Recessions typically last about 18 months, maybe two years. The following economic boom is generally twice as long. That’s one reason why the government shouldn’t step in to play economic manager during recessions. They are natural and pave the way for better things to come by getting rid of failing companies so that better ones can take their place.

The stimulus may have shortened the recession, but at what cost? We should be in about year four of an economic boom. There is no massive economic expansion and all the jobs and wealth and innovation that comes with it. That opportunity is gone forever. Exchanging a year or so less of recession for four years or more of an economic boom is not a good trade.

Government spending is largely waste. The stimulus was waste on an unprecedented scale. The bailout also rewarded failure and crowded out the entry/expansion of better businesses. To overlook the definition of government spending to claim that it is somehow a good thing is some strong religion. The government caused the recession. The government solution has deprived us of the benefits of the post-recession and given us something only slightly better than stagnation. And there is no economic boom in sight. Maybe it’s better if the government stopped putting such a heavy hand on the economy. It does just fine without the government’s “help.”

To paraphrase Calvin Coolidge, it is better for government to get rid of a bad policy than to try to create another good one. There is benefit to doing the former; the latter just turns out to be another bad policy.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
CBO estimates Federal debt to rise from $10.1 trillion to $19.1 trillion under Urkel's reign.
You cannot take "credit," such as it is, for the stimulus without accepting responsibility for the debt that paid for it.

The guy is an unmitigated disaster.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think giving whoever is in charge "credit" for some things is utterly absurd. One guy cannot control the spending of 300-plus million people. However, if Obama gets all the credit for that stuff then he also gets the blame for the rise in food prices over the last couple of years.

These types of stats are like a wax nose and anyone can make them fit any way they wish. Do any of these same Democrats (for example) want to compare the unemployment rate under FDR before and AFTER the 1937 Recession? It's just not as simple as "party X got elected, therefore this happened." There was one on Facebook in the 2012 election showing the price of gas had skyrocketed from $1.39 a gallon to over $3 under Obama - never mind that six months earlier it was the same $3 and plummeted as a consequence of the Meltdown (er, supply and demand).

I recall my Dad, the mostly economic conservative, telling me at the 2012 Texas Speedway race that if Obama would have just left well enough alone the economy would have recovered better than it did - AND - that he hoped Romney lost because the moment the other party got in there they were going to do their experimental economics and further delay things......when if they'd just let it cycle through, it would take care of itself.

He lost something like about $80,000 in his 401K. But he kept plugging along and noted that within two years, he had it all back and it was expanding. Just remember that you're posting a propagandist argument that selectively edits out any inconvenient information. One could argue under the "are you better off than four years ago" argument that I'm taking home the exact same pay as I was seven years ago despite making $6 an hour more than I was then - and it doesn't go as far. So my own experience on this is that I'm (upper) middle class and worse off than before, but......I'm wary of putting everything credit or blame on any one person other than myself.

Dad's experience? "I did fine when the Republicans were in and I did fine when the Democrats were in."

So who can really say?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.