People who have strong opinions about everything.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
These kind of people crack me up. And some of them are relatives. Case in point, my daughter's ninth birthday was earlier this month. Lily's been asking for a couple of years to get her ears pierced. My wife and I decided that now would be a good time. Lily has been responsible in taking care of the kitten she got for Christmas. Keeping her earlobes from getting infected is a much easier task.

No problem, right? I mean, does anyone really care? Some people get their daughter's ears pierced as infants. Some people what until the early teens. But, does anyone care? I don't ..... But, my Mom does. She was very angry that I didn't make Lily wait until she was 13. It was like a moral transgression on my part. That I found her anger over the issue funny certainly didn't help ....

So, what is it with people who have an opinion about everything? Must be exhausting.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
You done messed up Bodhi!! What's next? A cell phone? Really though, people who are over bearing in their opinions are a turn off. She's your Momma though. Let it be water off a duck's back.

Could this be the girl in a couple of years?

Her first boyfriend?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
You done messed up Bodhi!! What's next? A cell phone? Really though, people who are over bearing in their opinions are a turn off. She's your Momma though. Let it be water off a duck's back.
Oh yeah, when my Mom get's in her moods I just let it run it's course. I talk to her daily, so if I get a clunker of a conversation every know and then, it's just part of the package deal. Pretty soon she'll be ranting about the way her neighbors do their landscaping and I can join in on the condemnation. ;)

Her first boyfriend?

Followed shortly thereafter by a picture of me in jail.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've used the line before (and probably will again) "I don't have to have an opinion about everything, and I choose not to have an opinion about that..." :)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Of course you could live with my house rules when it comes to my wife and daughters, ages 28 and 33. Shut up, don't dare ask them any questions and write the checks. Makes for a very stress free life.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Your Mom is of a different generation, Bodhi - as is my Mom. When I read your post, I immediately could relate....ha ha.

That's what makes her/them so special, I guess.

But listen to this story.......I was at a client's house today - they are headed back to WI tomorrow and I wanted to say goodbye. At some point in our conversation they mentioned that in WI children are allowed to have alcoholic beverages at ANY age, as long as they are with their parents. Unlike many other areas of the country - and this is because the beverage industry in WI is so huge and powerful - so they say. Can you imagine how many folks would absolutely flip out seeing a 9 year old boy having a cold one? But I guess up there it's no big deal.

Different strokes.....

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We were eating at Cracker Barrel and my son saw a cap gun in the store and asked if he could get it. It wasn't expensive so I said yes. I had one when I was his age. No big deal, right? Wrong. While walking up to the register I was stopped and given a lecture about gun control and my son. How I was making a mistake, blah, blah. Politely told the lady to mind her own business. Got to the register then got a lecture again by the cashier on how this is some how going to lead my son to being a mass murder. How buying cap guns for kids leads to mass shootings and such. More gun control stuff. I also politely asked her to mind her business. So, to your point, yes it's a bit frustrating to deal with it. But people are usually threatened by strong willed parents. Not saying this is what happened with your mom. Just an observation in general. We all are trying to raise our kids the best way we know how. I pray for parents in the country daily. We need all the help we can get [emoji2].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Your Mom is of a different generation, Bodhi - as is my Mom. When I read your post, I immediately could relate....ha ha.

That's what makes her/them so special, I guess.

But listen to this story.......I was at a client's house today - they are headed back to WI tomorrow and I wanted to say goodbye. At some point in our conversation they mentioned that in WI children are allowed to have alcoholic beverages at ANY age, as long as they are with their parents. Unlike many other areas of the country - and this is because the beverage industry in WI is so huge and powerful - so they say. Can you imagine how many folks would absolutely flip out seeing a 9 year old boy having a cold one? But I guess up there it's no big deal.

Different strokes.....
Nah.. The alcohol just keeps the kids warm in the cold weather.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
We were eating at Cracker Barrel and my son saw a cap gun in the store and asked if he could get it. It wasn't expensive so I said yes. I had one when I was his age. No big deal, right? Wrong. While walking up to the register I was stopped and given a lecture about gun control and my son. How I was making a mistake, blah, blah. Politely told the lady to mind her own business. Got to the register then got a lecture again by the cashier on how this is some how going to lead my son to being a mass murder. How buying cap guns for kids leads to mass shootings and such. More gun control stuff. I also politely asked her to mind her business. So, to your point, yes it's a bit frustrating to deal with it. But people are usually threatened by strong willed parents. Not saying this is what happened with your mom. Just an observation in general. We all are trying to raise our kids the best way we know how. I pray for parents in the country daily. We need all the help we can get [emoji2].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I woulda had to leave the cap gun on the counter for the cashier...went to a nearby dollar store and purchased one (for half as much)... and ran back by cracker barrel and scared said cashier by showing the evil cap gun to them...idiots.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.