Love Her Or Hate Her, Hillary Has A Major Problem -- And So Do Lots Of Others

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hillary Clinton has a major problem. Her credibility is being impugned by not just the Fox network (expected), but the Washington Post and the NYT.

Her problem is that, while the Fox folks have always hated her, the Post and the NYT have ignored and/or made excuses for her for nearly 25 years.

Now, they're all investigating, the laundry list of documented corruption is getting longer than Pinochio's nose, and her side is deafeningly mute. They've impeached the character and integrity of the accusers, but have contested not one whit of the substance of the accusations.

So why is that a problem for others?

As for the Democrats, they've invested so much credibility in Hillary that any alternative looks like what it would be...a desperate search for anyone or thing other than Hillary. Who's the alternative? Elizabeth Warren? Imagine her facing off against Vladimir Putin, then dig your bomb shelter and save the last bullet for yourself.

As for the Republicans, it's trailing Hillary in spite of all this. In order to capitalize, you have to offer an alternative, and it's hard to say who that might be. I once thought it would be Paul Walker. I'm now thinking Rubio. But I'm not sure his playing both sides of several fences (immigration, abortion) can hold up.

Point being, if the Republicans can't beat a documented corrupt narcissist who has big questions around competency, what does that say about them?

It's hard not to think the apocalypse is upon us.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
While I agree with everything you have said; at least at this point in time IMO the Republicans will not defeat her. A lot can happen over the next 18 months that could change the outcome, but that assumes the Republican Party can unite behind an acceptable candidate while at the same time have Tea Partyers direct their energy, money and rancor toward Clinton rather than attacking the Republican candidate.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, the Tea Party could actually serve a useful purpose by being the attack dogs, yet uniting behind the mainstream candidate. But like you, I'm not sure they have that kind of thought process in them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hillary Clinton has a major problem. Her credibility is being impugned by not just the Fox network (expected), but the Washington Post and the NYT.

Her problem is that, while the Fox folks have always hated her, the Post and the NYT have ignored and/or made excuses for her for nearly 25 years.

Now, they're all investigating, the laundry list of documented corruption is getting longer than Pinochio's nose, and her side is deafeningly mute. They've impeached the character and integrity of the accusers, but have contested not one whit of the substance of the accusations.

So why is that a problem for others?

As for the Democrats, they've invested so much credibility in Hillary that any alternative looks like what it would be...a desperate search for anyone or thing other than Hillary. Who's the alternative? Elizabeth Warren? Imagine her facing off against Vladimir Putin, then dig your bomb shelter and save the last bullet for yourself.

As for the Republicans, it's trailing Hillary in spite of all this. In order to capitalize, you have to offer an alternative, and it's hard to say who that might be. I once thought it would be Paul Walker. I'm now thinking Rubio. But I'm not sure his playing both sides of several fences (immigration, abortion) can hold up.

Point being, if the Republicans can't beat a documented corrupt narcissist who has big questions around competency, what does that say about them?

It's hard not to think the apocalypse is upon us.

Yeah, his death sort of took him out of the running.

(I assume you mean WI governor Scott Walker?)

:)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Imo the Republicans have given themselves a horrid reputation. They've time and again gone back on the promises they made to the voters who put them into office. The voters remember this today, will remember it tomorrow and on election day.
The Republicans have thus made themselves and their party so untrustworthy that no one will trust them in any election. They are, in a way, hoist on their own petard.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
An amusing anecdote: in 1992, a list of names being considered for VP for Independent candidate Ross Perot got out in the media (remember, this was before Algore invented the Internet). The list of names was nothing short of comical. Look at them:

Paul Tsongas - Democrat
Warren Rudman - Republican (wouldn't have happened)
General Colin Powell - disqualified by virtue of being on active duty in the Army
Bernadine Healy - director of the NIH (?)
Sharon Rockefeller - Senator Jay's wife and president of a DC TV station
Anne Armstrong - a former co-chair of the GOP and ambassador to the UK
James Squires - probably put on there by Squires himself as he was Perot's spokesperson
Amalyn Kearse - a federal circuit judge in NY
Cokie Roberts - her Dad, Hale Boggs, and Mom (Lindy) had held the same seat in LA (Hale died in a plane crash in 1972 as part of the massive Warren Commission conspiracy cover-up) and her brother, Tommy, was one of the Democratic Party's biggest fundraisers.

Most of those names except perhaps Tsongas (who had described himself as a pro-business Democrat) were nothing short of preposterous (I'll spot him Powell because of the time frame).

Then there was this name:

William French Smith - Reagan's personal attorney and first AG

Smith had died two years earlier.

It's truly hilarious to me that Quayle's mis-spelling of "potato" was a national story (despite having no bearing on anything at all) while this outsider's list of names for who should take over if he died was as ridiculous as this.

And now back to the All Hillary hour!!!

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
There aren't any viable alternatives they're all corrupt. They can have Washington DC and the rest of their reward here on earth. I'm just going to worry about my community and the things I can have a true impact on.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ford trailed Carter by 33 points in August 1976 - it was a virtual tie

Reagan couldn't possibly beat Carter in 1979

Mondale and Reagan were tied in October 1983, it was a rout

Dukakis led Bush by 17 points in July 1988

Bush beat everybody by huge margins in August 1991, when nobody had heard of Bill Clinton; Clinton was third in June 1992 in a three-man race

Clinton lost to every known opponent in the GOP in every poll in June 1995

Bush routed the field name by name by double digits in January 2004

Hillary was going to square off against Giuliani as of late 2007

Does anyone REALLY want to argue "this is what will obviously happen?" There's too much recent history to suggest otherwise, saying nothing of things longer ago. She leads for ONE REASON: people have heard of her, they really haven't heard of the others.

Now granted - when I look at her opponents (having nothing to do with anything they've said or done), none of them strikes me as Clinton or Reagan as a candidate, but who knows what they'll look like a year from now?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The Republican Party, as a presidential entity, is dead.

Hillary Clinton as President would literally be the worst thing ever to happen to this country. The fact she is even considered and supported is appalling. She is so very worse than Barack Obama. At least Obama is an ideologue. He may be on the extreme side of wrong, but he has purpose and clear cut goals. Mrs. Clinton is nothing more than a sellout and will go to the highest bidder. Nothing is sacred to her.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The Republican Party, as a presidential entity, is dead.

Hillary Clinton as President would literally be the worst thing ever to happen to this country. The fact she is even considered and supported is appalling. She is so very worse than Barack Obama. At least Obama is an ideologue. He may be on the extreme side of wrong, but he has purpose and clear cut goals. Mrs. Clinton is nothing more than a sellout and will go to the highest bidder. Nothing is sacred to her.
Very well said. This country has changed from a nation of political parties based on ideologies to splinter groups hiding behind family moral values and smaller government or economic benefit entitlement from a larger government. While they differ in what they want; they are the same, driven by greed, corruption and power and don't give a damn what they are doing to the American people or the country. No individual better exemplifies this than Hillary Clinton. Her agenda is the furtherance of her place in history while accumulating as much as she possibly can at the expense of anyone. My fear is that once again a fractured Republican Party will enable Clinton a cakewalk into the White House.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
If there is any honesty at all within the federal government, the only thing Hilllary will cakewalk into will be a jail cell.
Sadly there are few honest people in our government with the courage to do what is right in this case or for the country. She may not win the presidency (I'm not even confident of that) but I sincerely doubt she will ever pay for her crimes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.