Roll Tide Cheer at Mount Everest Base Camp

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
A friend of ours, Kent Stewart, led Sherpas on a cheer of roll tide yesterday at base camp. He started his second attempt up Everest yesterday. Sadly, he is descending the mountain to help rescue efforts in Nepal. Pray for him and the people affected by the tragic earthquake and avalanche.
I tried to attach the video but it would not allow me. I do have it on m facebook page.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Sounds like he was lucky to make it off the mountain. I just saw the news on the avalanche at base camp.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
So pleased to hear your friend is safe and working to save lives. Thoughts and prayers for the missing, the fatalities, and their families. Sounds like a devastating earthquake -- I think they said it was a 7.2 when I heard about it on the radio yesterday.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Haven't had an update since I posted do I don't know if he has made it back down yet. I do know that he will be there for a while. He is going to be assisting in relief efforts. Obviously, his attempt to reach summit will not be made this year. This was his second attempt, after having suited six of the Big seven. Last time he came down with an illness and was told that he could reach summit but he would not make it off the mountain alive.
He is an UA grad and loves Alabama. My fiance runs one of his offices.He is a good man.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Haven't had an update since I posted do I don't know if he has made it back down yet. I do know that he will be there for a while. He is going to be assisting in relief efforts. Obviously, his attempt to reach summit will not be made this year. This was his second attempt, after having suited six of the Big seven. Last time he came down with an illness and was told that he could reach summit but he would not make it off the mountain alive.
He is an UA grad and loves Alabama. My fiance runs one of his offices.He is a good man.
Wow, he sounds like quite a guy...

Love these stories about gettin' a "Roll Tide" in far away places...

And, yes, fervent prayers for all those affected by the devastating earthquake...

Apparently it was a big 'un...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.