Program deserves better.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Yes- the season is essentially over. Gaspard is just simply not very good and neither are his assistant coaches. Playing basically on the road all year was going to take a toll. But this team is fundamentally unsound. Too many strikeouts by the hitters and the bullpen is a disaster. Season was going to be tough with all the starting pitching and power leaving the program. But Gaspard will never get it done - even with new facilities.
Got swept today.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I would be very surprised if Battle would make a change after this year (though it is needed). Who could Bama get to coach!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Gaspard is just simply not very good and neither are his assistant coaches
He has never been good IMHO. I didn't like the hire when Wells retired and still don't like it. I still think we missed the boat with Pierce and now he's done (retiring). Sadly I'm afraid Battle won't try to make the homerun hire like he did with basketball.

This staff should have been gone 2 years ago! Does it remind you of another Bama sport?
Honestly he should have never been hired. If it wasn't for Wells would we have honestly even thought about him?

I would be very surprised if Battle would make a change after this year (though it is needed). Who could Bama get to coach!
I agree sadly, and the next coach will end up with a 4-5 year rebuilding job unless it is someone like Tim Corbin who is ready right away. And that blame falls on Coach Moore (RIP) and now Battle.

ATLBAMAFAN

3rd Team
Feb 2, 2005
Regarding the bullpen there are several very talented pitchers that aren't getting the time of day from Gaspard. His problem is he keeps using the same ingredients and expects different results. He utilized about a 1/3 of his pitching staff and when they get in trouble he just lets them continue to get in worse trouble. I would say coaching has cost this team at least 6 or 7 wins this year if not more.

Bama Baseball 1

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2007
Duncanville, AL
I am tired of all the lies and excuses! He brags about all the fan support in Hoover. I have been to Hoover. The attendance is as bad or worse than it was last year in Tuscaloosa, and it was terrible in Tuscaloosa.

He complains about not being able to get in their regular practice, yet the new indoor facility is open. We can't work on hitting and pitching in that facility? I am sure if they really needed to, they could work out a deal to practice at a local High School, or at Shelton State. He is paid to coach, not find excuses for the teams problems.

The only areas we lead the conference is walks, hit batters, and strike outs. I do not blame the players. The coaches should be held accountable for their players performance.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
You might be surprised at who might want to be the Bama baseball coach with a new 48 million dollar stadium and the money we can pay. The in state baseball talent is very, very good and a bunch of those kids would love to play in Tuscaloosa. I also fear Battle will not make the call on Gaspard and this staff- but no other SEC school would keep Gaspard with his record and performance.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You might be surprised at who might want to be the Bama baseball coach with a new 48 million dollar stadium and the money we can pay. The in state baseball talent is very, very good and a bunch of those kids would love to play in Tuscaloosa. I also fear Battle will not make the call on Gaspard and this staff- but no other SEC school would keep Gaspard with his record and performance.
Who would that be?

I just hope we fire Gaspard. I just can't watch this stuff anymore....

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Not saying that I know exactly who- just know that the new stadium and the school's ample resources can get someone much, much better than we have now.
Who would that be?

I just hope we fire Gaspard. I just can't watch this stuff anymore....

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
*sigh* a season that began with promise in February completely fell apart before we got to May, again. I watched most of all 3 games this weekend, but it was difficult at times to keep the games on, and even harder to watch with any hope of winning. We look absolutely clueless at bat... is the SEC record for strikeouts within reach for this club? Here's to hoping we can find a way to win the series in auburn next weekend.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I am tired of all the lies and excuses! He brags about all the fan support in Hoover. I have been to Hoover. The attendance is as bad or worse than it was last year in Tuscaloosa, and it was terrible in Tuscaloosa.

He complains about not being able to get in their regular practice, yet the new indoor facility is open. We can't work on hitting and pitching in that facility? I am sure if they really needed to, they could work out a deal to practice at a local High School, or at Shelton State. He is paid to coach, not find excuses for the teams problems.

The only areas we lead the conference is walks, hit batters, and strike outs. I do not blame the players. The coaches should be held accountable for their players performance.
Terrific post. It was disgusting to hear all the excuses by the SEC Network Enablers..I mean announcers. They were dutifully reporting what they were told by Gaspard and staff.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I really believe he will be gone after the last game this year. New coach , new stadium, fresh start next year!
Nope. Not going anywhere after this season. His contract was due to end after this season until it was extended to run through next year. He will get a year (at least) in the new stadium. He may be gone after that, though. The one thing that may get him fired is a $45 million stadium that is empty of fans paying money for tickets, concessions and souvenirs. And we all know how Bama baseball fans are ... if the product on the field is bad, they will stay away in droves. Quite frankly, I don't see next year being much better, even with the new stadium.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA

Paragraph 1: Dead on.

Paragraph 2: Dead on again. I mean, does anyone really think that if he called Jim Wells and asked if he could practice at Northridge High School in Tuscaloosa that Jim would turn him down?

Paragraph 3: Dead on. You are 3 for 3. Something that we can't say for any of our hitters.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
He may get a year in the new stadium but he does not deserve it. One year contract extension should be no issue. What does he make? $300,000 or so? A pittance. Bill Battle needs to do his job now.
Nope. Not going anywhere after this season. His contract was due to end after this season until it was extended to run through next year. He will get a year (at least) in the new stadium. He may be gone after that, though. The one thing that may get him fired is a $45 million stadium that is empty of fans paying money for tickets, concessions and souvenirs. And we all know how Bama baseball fans are ... if the product on the field is bad, they will stay away in droves. Quite frankly, I don't see next year being much better, even with the new stadium.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.