Link: D1baseball.com's thoughts on UA baseball season.

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
I would have to agree with the writer on this one. I expected much better this year. Our talent is good enough, but they are not getting any better once they step on the field of their freshman year. We have no leadership. CMG ran off one of the best pitching coaches in Kyle Bunn to make room for friends with no coaching experience. That was a pivitol move for this downward spiral.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Kendall Rogers is one of the most respected guys in college baseball. He knows his stuff. I agree with all of it. Not making any excuses, but if this was true season with games in Tuscaloosa and not Hoover, then it might be slightly different. I'm not saying we would be 15 games over .500 but we would be better imo.
Fact is we do have talent, they just aren't performing. It seems when one side of the ball is clicking the other side isn't.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
It's a little early to toss dirt on this team, but unless we go on a tear in this six game homestand I don't see us making the NCAA's regardless of whether or not we make it to Hoover.

I mean, would you invite a team that went 13-17 in it's conference? Right now that would be a stretch if we made it to that kind of record.

And of course, Mikey will be gone after this year. You'd think that logically Overstreet and Georgie would too, but to be honest, I don't know how draftable those guys are right now. We lose Gilbeau but return most of our pitching for next year.

rtr

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
After following this team this year, I think this team should be better record-wise. However, going into the season, when you lose Austen Smith, Ben Moore, Wade Wass, Spencer Turnbull, Justin Kamplain and Jon Keller, I was concerned that we wouldn't be as good and considering I don't have much confidence in coaching, I assumed this would not be a good season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.