The everlasting powerful / memorable / funny movie quote thread...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

---

Ripley: Hudson! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training. Right?

Hudson: Why don't you put her in charge?

- Aliens
Awesome movie and I love these quotes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"You know.....you're in more dire need......than any white man in history."

Good Morning, Vietnam

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers.....and Methodists.

Hedy Lamarr

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers.....and Methodists.

Hedy Lamarr
Good line, but in her day, I'm surprised she could say "buggerers" or "bull dykes" on screen.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

Hedy Lamarr
"That's Hedley!"

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
From Shawshank Redemption:

"I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

And from Caddyshack:

"20 bucks says the Smells kid picks his nose."

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I use this quote all the time. Recently, we've been talking about putting paved area in the back yard for Little Catfish to play basketball. It would also require a retaining wall since that part of the yard slopes. Mrs. Catfish pointed out that her uncle put in one of those Keystone block walls himself and said, "You could do that part, right?" Nope. "A man's got to know his limitations." :wink:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
And from Caddyshack: "20 bucks says the Smails kid picks his nose."
FIFY

"Danny, Danny... There's a lot of, well, badness in the world today. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. Felt I...owed it to them."

Judge Smails
Caddyshack

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
"Buzzards gotta eat same as worms" Outlaw Josey Wales.
And:
" You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Old James Ryan: [addressing Capt. Miller's grave] My family is with me today. They wanted to come with me. To be honest with you, I wasn't sure how I'd feel coming back here. Every day I think about what you said to me that day on the bridge. I tried to live my life the best that I could. I hope that was enough. I hope that, at least in your eyes, I've earned what all of you have done for me.
Ryan's Wife: James?...
[looking at headstone]
Ryan's Wife: Captain John H Miller.
Old James Ryan: Tell me I have led a good life.
Ryan's Wife: What?
Old James Ryan: Tell me I'm a good man.
Ryan's Wife: You are.
[walks away]
Old James Ryan: [stands back and salutes]

From Saving Private Ryan. Gets me every time.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Hondo:

A man ought to do what he thinks is best.

I use this quote often to bad managers regarding horrible decisions from which they are too pig-headed to back down. I've never seen one yet get it.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Major Reisman: "That's no way for anybody to go."
General Worden: "Oh, the hell you say, Major. Why, I know a lot of people who should go exactly that way."
- The Dirty Dozen

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.