The everlasting powerful / memorable / funny movie quote thread...

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?

Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

Swordfish. This is pretty much my philosophy on how we should operate.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Dan Marino: Hey, Ace, you got any more of that gum?

Ace: That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you to stay out of my affairs.

Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Everett: You can't do this; we just got pardoned by the Governor hisself!
Delmar: It went out on the radio.
Sheriff: Is that right? Well, we ain't got a radio.
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Cooper: You're a scientist, Brand.
Brand: So listen to me when I say that love isn't something that we invented. It's... observable, powerful. It has to mean something.
Cooper: Love has meaning, yes. Social utility, social bonding, child rearing...
Brand: We love people who have died. Where's the social utility in that?
Cooper: None.
Brand: Maybe it means something more - something we can't yet understand. Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it. All right Cooper. Yes. The tiniest possibility of seeing Wolf again excites me. That doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Cooper: Honestly, Amelia... it might.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Doyle: "Vaughn, a juvenile delinquent in the off-season, in his major league debut. Vaughn into the windup for his first offering... Just a bit outside. He tried the corner and missed."

Bob Uecker in Major League

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Major League is one of those movies where, if I run across it on TV, I'm watching it til the end. When Harry screams, "THE INDIANS WIN IT! THE INDIANS WIN IT! OH MY GOD, THE INDIANS WIN IT!", I never fail to get a catch in my throat.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Major League is one of those movies where, if I run across it on TV, I'm watching it til the end. When Harry screams, "THE INDIANS WIN IT! THE INDIANS WIN IT! OH MY GOD, THE INDIANS WIN IT!", I never fail to get a catch in my throat.

as hokey as it can be, it is a good movie

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
"A brother is a brother" from The Straight Story [1999]. It is the fact-based story of a man who could not get a driver license - age and health reasons - who drove a riding mower across a good chunk of Iowa to visit his estranged brother, who had a heart attack. A great story well told by David Lynch.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
not a movie but a tv show.....

Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me.

postal employee: Uh Ok Mr Burns, what's your first name?

Homer: I don't know.

I laugh at this scene every single time I see it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.