The everlasting powerful / memorable / funny movie quote thread...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ed Tom Bell: I was sheriff of this county when I was twenty-five years old. Hard to believe. My grandfather was a lawman; father too. Me and him was sheriffs at the same time; him up in Plano and me out here. I think he's pretty proud of that. I know I was. Some of the old time sheriffs never even wore a gun. A lotta folks find that hard to believe. Jim Scarborough'd never carried one; that's the younger Jim. Gaston Boykins wouldn't wear one up in Comanche County. I always liked to hear about the oldtimers. Never missed a chance to do so. You can't help but compare yourself against the oldtimers. Can't help but wonder how they would have operated these times. There was this boy I sent to the 'lectric chair at Huntsville Hill here a while back. My arrest and my testimony. He killt a fourteen-year-old girl. Papers said it was a crime of passion but he told me there wasn't any passion to it. Told me that he'd been planning to kill somebody for about as long as he could remember. Said that if they turned him out he'd do it again. Said he knew he was going to hell. "Be there in about fifteen minutes". I don't know what to make of that. I surely don't. The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, "O.K., I'll be part of this world."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ed Tom Bell: That man that shot you died in prison.
Ellis: Angola. Yeah...
Ed Tom Bell: What you'd done he had been released?
Ellis: Oh, I dunno. Nothing. Wouldn't be no point in it.
Ed Tom Bell: I'm kindly surprised to hear you say that.
Ellis: Well all the time ya spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more is going out the door. After a while you just have to try to get a tourniquet on it.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
"I can't stand rude behavior in a man. I just won't tolerate it." (Then he beats the guy to the ground with a branding iron)
Capt. Call. in Lonesome Dove
That reminds me of a scene in Firefly:

Captain Mal stands over a defeated opponent after a duel, sword in hand. "Mercy is the mark of a great man."
Pokes the man with the sword tip...
"I guess I'm just a good man."
Pokes him again...
"Well I'm all right."

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
That reminds me of a scene in Firefly:

Captain Mal stands over a defeated opponent after a duel, sword in hand. "Mercy is the mark of a great man."
Pokes the man with the sword tip...
"I guess I'm just a good man."
Pokes him again...
"Well I'm all right."
Shiny!

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Recruiter: Have you ever been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor? That's robbery, rape, car theft, that sort of thing.
John Winger: Convicted? No.
Russell Ziskey: Never convicted.
Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
John Winger: [John and Russell look at each other] You mean, like, flaming, or...
Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
Russell Ziskey: No, we're not homosexual, but we are "willing to learn"
John Winger: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam your autograph...
- Stripes

------

I actually got to use the bolded quote once. While I was stationed in Korea, one time my NCO came to my work-space and asked me if I had any convictions under the Lautenberg Amendment. I turned, looked at him and said, "Convicted? No.", and went back to what I was doing. I could feel his eyes boring a hole through me. I looked at him and started laughing. I had to explain my answer to him.

Last edited:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
"Not that I'm a bigot or anything. You know the work I've done for crippled children. I mean what are we going to do with him; we can't take him to the country club." Claudia from Crimes of Passion

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So Deadpool was hilarious and there are so many funny quotes. (Most can't be put here) But this one was hilarious to me, since we like the "Taken" movies.

Wade Wilson
: I had another Liam Neeson nightmare. I kidnapped his daughter and he just wasn't having it.

Wade Wilson: They made three of those movies. At some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
"I'm your huckleberry"

"Why Johnny Ringo. you look like someone just walked over your grave"

Tombstone - Doc Holiday before killing Johnny Ringo

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
True Detective tv show not a movie but great scene.

Rust: Life is barely long enough to get good at one thing.

Marty: If that long.

Rust: Yeah, so be careful what you get good at.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Joker: Any women or children?

Door Gunner:
Sometimes!

Joker: How can you shoot women or children?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Full Metal Jacket

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
An Army is a team, it eats,sleeps and fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap.The insidious bastards that wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post, don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.And another thing; I don't want to get any reports saying we are holding our position.We'll let the enemy do that. We are not holding on to anything except the enemy. We're going to hold on to him all the time and we're gonna kick him in the ..., we're gonna kick him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose. Now, I will be proud to lead you wonderful men into battle anywhere,anytime. That is all.

-George C. Scott
Patton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hugh Glass: I need a horse and a gun.
Andrew Henry: No, you need rest and something to eat. I'm going after him.
Hugh Glass: No. You'll never find him without me.
Andrew Henry: Wait till morning, he'll have a day's head start and get away.
Hugh Glass: No he won't. He's afraid. He knows how far I came for him. Same as that elk, when they get afraid they run deep in to the woods. I got him trapped, he just, He doesn't know it yet.
Andrew Henry: How can you be so sure?
Hugh Glass: Cause he has everything to lose. All I had was that boy - and he took him from me. I ain't afraid to die anymore. I done it already.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Ok...I may not have the exact quote because it is still showing. But, this is my favorite part from the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Quill: You look like Mary Poppins
Yondu: Is he cool?
Quill: Hell yeah, he's cool.
Yondu: I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.