Baltimore protests / riots (was: Orioles COO John Angelos offers perspective...)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Baltimore

It's time to put an end to this. What happened to Freddie Gray was wrong. If the cops that are alleged to have severed his spinal cord actually did that, then they need to have the same done to them.

As for the looting mobs...its time to shoot to kill...all of them.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Re: Baltimore

It's time to put an end to this. What happened to Freddie Gray was wrong. If the cops that are alleged to have severed his spinal cord actually did that, then they need to have the same done to them.

As for the looting mobs...its time to shoot to kill...all of them.
Back in my day, we had a little thing called ''Puff the magic dragon''. It would have taken all of about 3 minutes to shut down all of the riots.
A bit excessive? Maybe, but so were the mobs in Baltimore today.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Orioles COO John Angelos offers eye-opening perspective on Baltimore protests

“Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. It is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Right on......I suspect MLK is rolling over in his grave right now! :(

Baltimore mayor: we gave those who wish to destroy the space to do that. - snip-
Don't understand that at ALL!

Law enforcement not protecting private property?

:conf2:

That's total BS!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Back in my day, we had a little thing called ''Puff the magic dragon''. It would have taken all of about 3 minutes to shut down all of the riots.
A bit excessive? Maybe, but so were the mobs in Baltimore today.
I'm thinking start off with a pack of German Shepherds....then pull them out and follow with a little tear gas or mustard gas. Then send in special forces. Not sure we need this quite yet.....

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Re: Orioles COO John Angelos offers eye-opening perspective on Baltimore protests

Right on......I suspect MLK is rolling over in his grave right now! :(

Don't understand that at ALL!

Law enforcement not protecting private property?

:conf2:

That's total BS!
Well if the law don't protect people what should people do? If people were being shot for destroying somebodies property then I would believe that this would be shut down big time.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Well if the law don't protect people what should people do? If people were being shot for destroying somebodies property then I would believe that this would be shut down big time.
Should have cracked down at the start.

Talk about shutting the barn door after the cows got out.....:rolleyes:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

A majority black city with a black mayor, black police commissioner and they are accusing the whites of institutional racism. That's rich. Race relations have failed. It's time to separate. There's no other solution. We will never be able to live together.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Picking a fight with the police might rank as the most stupid thing any person can do. Not only do they have guns and clubs and shields but they also have a phone number where they can MULTIPLY those weapons in a matter of minutes.

I will reserve judgment on this issue of Freddie Gray until I hear more (e.g. an autopsy and forensics).

But even if they DID fatally injure the guy - that is no excuse for rioting at all.

And why isn't Angelos creating jobs or giving some of his own money away to the poor people if he actually believes this stuff? Is it because he lives in a gated and safe community where these rioters won't dare show? It's easy to quarterback fro the safety of your secure living room.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Just in, the Baltimore Orioles are having "riot gear" promotion tomorrow night. The first 20,000 fans get full body armor...it's also 10 cent beer.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

From what I have heard, it was after schools let out at 3 that the first rioting started. Now they have announced that city schools will be closed tomorrow. Brilliant!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Baltimore mayor: we gave those who wish to destroy the space to do that.

Sounds like an awesome place to live. A Democrat paradise.

Its being reported that it was misunderstood. What she was trying to say is that by giving the peaceful protesters a lot of leeway, they (inadvertently) gave the rioters space also.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Its being reported that it was misunderstood. What she was trying to say is that by giving the peaceful protesters a lot of leeway, they (inadvertently) gave the rioters space also.
Assuming that's the case, she sucks at public speaking.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

These are not angry people over police brutality, these are thugs, looters, anarchists. They have been encouraged to do this kind of thing by the rhetoric the last few years and those who want to distract from the corruption and theft that exists in politics. Increasing the racial divide in this country has opened an old scar and this is the result.
I am sorry for the innocent (black and white) people in Baltimore tonight who are in their homes, knowing the police will not protect them or their property. Can't imagine the fear they must be feeling. This didn't have to happen. If force was used from the start it would have ended immediately.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.