Baltimore protests / riots (was: Orioles COO John Angelos offers perspective...)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: Orioles COO John Angelos offers eye-opening perspective on Baltimore protests

These are not angry people over police brutality, these are thugs, looters, anarchists. They have been encouraged to do this kind of thing by the rhetoric the last few years and those who want to distract from the corruption and theft that exists in politics. Increasing the racial divide in this country has opened an old scar and this is the result.
I am sorry for the innocent (black and white) people in Baltimore tonight who are in their homes, knowing the police will not protect them or their property. Can't imagine the fear they must be feeling. This didn't have to happen. If force was used from the start it would have ended immediately.
Unfortunately, it's part of the play book run by tptb.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: Orioles COO John Angelos offers eye-opening perspective on Baltimore protests

Yes, part of the agenda. Divide and create chaos to distract from who is really responsible for the poverty and feeling of being a perpetual victim in the black community. Divert the blame for desperation in the economy.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Yes, part of the agenda. Divide and create chaos to distract from who is really responsible for the poverty and feeling of being a perpetual victim in the black community. Divert the blame for desperation in the economy.
''The economy'' effects more than just them. But only a few destroy their own neighborhoods to express that desperation.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
The mayor is a lying sack of poo. I heard her word for word say they were giving the rioters space. Now she is trying to say she was misinterpreted by the media. NO. Your incompotent and either cant speak the English language or you just committed political suicide. Either way your about to be processed.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The mayor is a lying sack of poo. I heard her word for word say they were giving the rioters space. Now she is trying to say she was misinterpreted by the media. NO. Your incompotent and either cant speak the English language or you just committed political suicide. Either way your about to be processed.
This is what you call "irony."

:)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Baltimore

More people will wind up killed by the rioters than by the Baltimore police leading to the riots - and yet folks are mad at the police?

You know that call for cops to wear a camera? Since this is such a great idea, why don't we just have EVERYONE wear one at ALL times? I'm sure it would cut down on crime you know. Rape and murder would cease to exist, and we could simply have the death penalty for anyone caught not wearing it.

Yes, there are bad cops, but consider the alternative. It's like any other occupation - 5% of folks doing it are utterly incompetent and have no business being there (except Congress, where the incompetence level approaches 100%).

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I dont know. When I first heard it I felt the same way as you do. After hearing the explanation and re-listening to the statement, I give her the benefit of doubt. That has not been her style in the past to say stupid things like that. I will say that watching helicopter shots live yesterday it was shocking to see kids jumping on cop cars and stomping on them and busting out the windows and also watching many calmly walking in and out of the CVS carrying looted goods. There were no police to be seen anywhere at that time.
One more point. I have heard many complaints here in the past how normal Muslims dont speak out about radical Muslim acts. Just the opposite is happening here. There has been a tremendous amount of speaking out here by the black community against this violence. Unfortunately it is falling on deaf ears.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

And here in the south, we're still trying to live down this same image. But seems the folks in Baltimore are going to have to learn for themselves.
Those attacks were ordered by Democratic mayors and police commissioners too. Those were marchers. Those were champions of justice. This group are just mindless, animalistic thugs that truly belong in a third world country. They are the offspring of liberalism and that is a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

In Viet Nam, the gunships used were called "Puff the Magic Dragon", Puff for short although I think they are referred to now as Spectre gunships or were when I was stationed at Hurlburt.

Slow and fairly low flying gun ships that carried high powered Gatling guns that flew over enemy positions and absolutely killed and obliterated everything it hit. One article I read said it could fire 300 bullets per second.

Last edited:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

The C-130 Spectre gunships had two 20mm gatling guns forward, one 40mm Boffer in the middle and a 105mm in the rear door. I'm sure it's changed some since.

From Guns.com: An AC-47D could put down 18,000 rounds per minute with its three General Electric 7.62mm SUU-11A Gatling Mini-guns, totalling of 54,000 belt-fed bullets on each flight. There was a crew of seven.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.