Baltimore protests / riots (was: Orioles COO John Angelos offers perspective...)

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Re: Orioles COO John Angelos offers eye-opening perspective on Baltimore protests

Process matters. The "Means" to an End are as important as the"End" itself. I agree with COO Angelos' view on the serious issue he's raising. But, in my view, that doesn't justify violence and destruction of private property.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Orioles COO John Angelos offers eye-opening perspective on Baltimore protests

I agree, but I don't think he's rationalizing or justifying the violence.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

You're probably right. I wouldn't expect him to condone the violence. It just struck me that as right as I feel he is on the main topic, he seemed (to me anyway) to downplay the effect violent actions can and will have on advancing his point.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

A) I wouldn't categorize them as "protesters", a good portion of those people are simply criminals looking to cause trouble. This wasn't a sit-in at Woolworth's. Innocent people were nearly killed.

B) Instead of blaming the "elite" he needs to look to local leadership (democrats) and unions.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

The delicious irony of it all is that his father made hundreds of millions suing companies for asbestos, tobacco and weight loss drugs. So wouldn't you say he's a contributor to the loss of those middle class jobs as corporations were seeking to protect themselves from class action lawsuits? How much of that money actually made it to the those that were affected to begin with? Maybe if he gave most of his wealth away to the disenfranchised folks of Baltimore there wouldn't be any violence.

Of course I find it humorous that a son of a multi-millionaire politician is calling out the political elite to begin with.

That's almost as bad as Hillary calling out Obama on Benghazi.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

All that just went out the window with the ridiculous violence going on there right now. More police cars destroyed, some on fire, looters walking freely in and out of a CVS and other businesses with stolen property in their hands.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The attitude is amazing, isn't it? These protestors all want the benefit of the doubt but over and over large numbers act like this. SMH

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I was watching a movie last night and the word "dignified" was mentioned in the dialogue.

My mind was not on this Baltimore situation - I was just thinking what a great word it was.....and how powerful the meaning is, if applied.

What I see happening in Baltimore is anything but dignified.... :(

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Baltimore mayor: we gave those who wish to destroy the space to do that.

Sounds like an awesome place to live. A Democrat paradise.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Holy crap, hard to believe she actually said that...
Watching the news crawl at the bottom of the screen saying large number of the rioters are juveniles and for parents to call their kids back home. Really? How naive can you get?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Bamaro - safe to assume none of this is happening near you?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

“Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. It is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

“Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. It is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Like" and "Thanks".

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

Another reason why citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic weapons to repel these punks and George soros

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.