Diary of a Draftee's Mom: April Justin on Her Baby, Landon Collins

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Sounds like she wants credit and to cash in on the hard work this young man has put in. It is obvious character is not genetic in that family. Landon Collins is a good example to other young men. Follow the right path and you can go far.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Again, she is begging the spotlight be on her. She is a despicable human. I hope Landon sees this. I know she is his mother, but Lawd Hammercy!! That woman is CRAZY.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I never met Landon's mom, so I can't comment. I know that she didn't sit with his dad, little brother and step-mother at the games. His dad and step-mother were always very nice and seemed to be well respected among the parent group. Landon was taken good care of in his home, and he always talked with great love toward his family. Just a class act all the way around. The real mother? Sounds like that's another story. :rolleyes:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
i believe the part about her and her son not speaking right now, and I honestly believe she is controlling mom based on things I've seen on her page. I'm not saying she's a bad mom or anything like that, but she seems to come off as someone who can be manipulative, controlling and demanding mom. Several times throughout Landon's career here at Alabama, she has dissed the coaching staff in either direct or indirect ways on facebook, or through interviews. The fact she's not happy with his career at Alabama depsite that he'll be drafted in first round says a lot about who she is in general. We're about to find out what kind of person she is once he get drafted. Another thing is, we don't hear much about his dad, but we hear a lot about April.... IJS...

FYI: April does definitely have a nice body... but it's not always what you think it is...
but . . but . . you said you would save your thoughts in your first post . . . :wink:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I met his dad after the Auburn game last year. Ran into him well after the game. A very nice man and very supportive and proud of Landon.
i saw landon's dad and his stepmom at every home game, I work with people who sell shirts on game day in order to get money for the game. they would always stop by our tent and buy merchandise or mingle before the game, and they are worlds different than what his mom seems to be. His Dad is proud as i guess any parent would be, and he is super nice.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hate I read that crap, sounds like Mom is ticked that Landon is not letting her hang around (hence her saying she was mad at who was hanging out with him) and sounds like she thinks she is the one cashing out on his success even though it seems she has done nothing to help but give him grief.

She also still sounds bitter at the girlfriend and her family being at the UA game when he announced, SO WHAT? If Landon wanted them there then why not? It was his day and not hers and he deserved it, but she was mad because she wasn't the center of attention and she made it about her when she showed her displeasure. I hate to say this about anyone's Mother because I couldn't imagine shunning mine because she raised me alone and I was a very very very wild child who was hard to raise, but it seems she is the BIGGEST leech he has around him.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Sounds like she wants credit and to cash in on the hard work this young man has put in. It is obvious character is not genetic in that family. Landon Collins is a good example to other young men. Follow the right path and you can go far.
Character is not bred into, it is absorbed into.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Character is not bred into, it is absorbed into.
So true. Let me rephrase my post. Landon did not absorb character from his mom but found the right path and it seems he will be successful .
I was wrong to say "the family" didn't have character. The mom seems to be the one lacking.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
How sweet. Mama's selling LC memorabilia. It's totally altruistic, though.
How would you like to own the engraved glass piece presented to Alabama All-American safety Landon Collins for being a finalist for the 2014 Jim Thorpe Award? How about his finalist award for the 2014 Bronko Nagurski Trophy? Would you settle for an autographed pair of gloves or maybe his high school diploma?

Those items and more are available on eBay. The seller is identified as ajustin504504, an eBay member since Tuesday. That's the screen name of April Justin, who is Collins' mother. She is selling the memorabilia to raise funds for her Momma Knows Best organization.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/want_to_own_a_piece_of_landon.html#incart_more_sports

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Momma Knows Best "summit"?

"Basically, it will teach them and give them insight from a mother's point of view -- not coaches, not teachers, not combines -- but it will give you insight to what I went through as a mother," Justin said of the free event, "and it will tell you the process of the do's and the don't's."
What is she going to "teach"?

Other than "Show me the money!" One only wonders.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Like I said above, she is cashing in. Also she claims it's for some foundation, but yet the eBay auction says nothing of the sort.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I feel sorry for her sons. She wants to be famous so bad that she will not let Landon enjoy the success that HE has earned. I wish she would just sit down and be quiet.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I got event invitation from her yesterday and i was puzzled about that. She really serious about trying to educate other players' parent about the recuiting process..... I"m like.... so having two sons makes her expert?
Momma Knows Best "summit"?

What is she going to "teach"?

Other than "Show me the money!" One only wonders.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Obviously, she's an expert, she handled the recruiting of both of her sons so well......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.