Diary of a Draftee's Mom: April Justin on Her Baby, Landon Collins

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm actually sorry that I took the time to read that. That woman is such a self serving piece of garbage.
Landon is one of the best DBs all-time at Bama and all she can do is spout off garbage about how he didn't achieve as many personal goals at Bama as he would have at LSU?!?! (..but she's not a Tiger fan.)
The person I feel sorry for is Gerald (the younger brother who is already a handful being dismissed from Florida) because she actually moved to spend more time with him in college and is going to help him in this NFL draft process in the future...LOL!!! (GL Coach Golden)
..and finally the capper, Landon doesn't even talk to her anymore because she's such a pain in the back side!!! Why was this even printed? (Not here, in general.)
GL where ever you end up Landon...you did Bama proud!!! Roll Tide!!!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Wow. This lady is 100% self-absorbed.

Would not be surprised if she sued Landon after signing his first contract because she felt she was owed a cut.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Landon is one of my all-time Bama favorites. I think he will do well in the NFL and beyond. He is a winner. No comment on the mom's assessment, but spending his high school years with dad, for whatever reason was probably not a bad idea.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Hard to say that, since she gave him to his dad to raise the last four years of high school. More like a wannabee...
This. If he isn't keeping her at arm's length, he should. She's going to demand a lot from him once he gets a paycheck despite that fact HSV.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
What a waste of time reading this drivel. Previous responses to this thread have got it right as a self-serving, self-absorbed diatribe. She is the kind of woman who will hound poor Landon wherever he lands. Why would this be you may ask? Che-ching!!! Follow the money and Landon is going to get a boatload.

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
I am a Mom so at first I understood that she wanted him to play close to home. After that she just came off as selfish and controlling. She wanted to keep control of him so that she could cash in. I hope the father is a better parent for Landon's sake.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am a Mom so at first I understood that she wanted him to play close to home. After that she just came off as selfish and controlling. She wanted to keep control of him so that she could cash in. I hope the father is a better parent for Landon's sake.
He is and was...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
i believe the part about her and her son not speaking right now, and I honestly believe she is controlling mom based on things I've seen on her page. I'm not saying she's a bad mom or anything like that, but she seems to come off as someone who can be manipulative, controlling and demanding mom. Several times throughout Landon's career here at Alabama, she has dissed the coaching staff in either direct or indirect ways on facebook, or through interviews. The fact she's not happy with his career at Alabama depsite that he'll be drafted in first round says a lot about who she is in general. We're about to find out what kind of person she is once he get drafted. Another thing is, we don't hear much about his dad, but we hear a lot about April.... IJS...

FYI: April does definitely have a nice body... but it's not always what you think it is...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Easy answer: Landon is well mannered gentlemen who never got in trouble at alabama... while Gerald......

Landon is one of my all-time Bama favorites. I think he will do well in the NFL and beyond. He is a winner. No comment on the mom's assessment, but spending his high school years with dad, for whatever reason was probably not a bad idea.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
"Landon and I had already charted out a three-and-out plan.
At LSU, I was convinced he could play immediately, wind up a Freshman All-American and build the momentum to be a first-rounder after his junior season."

read: I had already planned for Landon to come out as a Junior and I'd cash in big.

It sounds like she already had his signing bonus spent before he even committed to play at an SEC school.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.