If the 2014 season happens again for Alabama in 2015, how would you feel?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Georgia is breaking in new QBs... they dont have a starter... WE dont have a starter... IJS....
Florida, Georgia, Vandy, SC, LSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky are looking for Qbs to emerge as a starter in the fall... so why are we worried about them? Coker, if as a starter should be comfortable playing in a SEC game... Wisconsin has a new coach, so He probably dont know what he's getting into against us.
Middle Tennessee... Warm up game.
Ole Miss- They have Qb situation goin gon, and they have Chad Kelly and other dude going at it.. Theyre good, but not that good.
ULM - Warm up game.
(The first four game will be audition for all of the players... we should see regular pattern emerging after ULM Game)
Georgia- QB situation.. probably will rely on their running games more than usual.
Arkansas- I think theyre going to try and be a balanced offense.. throwing the ball a little more. their QB isnt that great...
But who knows.
I think we have advantage over them concerning QB situation.
Out of the first month I worry about Whisky the most. Chryst, while new, isnt a bad coach. I just fear our players not having it all together, I still expect to win comfortablly. Ole Miss aint going to beat us this year, Alabama has that game circled. I will go out on a limb and say we beat UGA and Arky. aTm is my biggest worry on the schedule though. Its in the right spot on the schedule for them, and the wrong spot for us. Im not saying we lose, but that game could be scary with Chavis there. I still think Chavis to aTm is bigger than Muschamp to Boogerville. Aside from that Auburn is the one that stands out the most. We should win all of our games but I say 10-2 to 11-1 isnt an unreasonable prediction

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
As long as we beat Tennessee and Auburn... I view the playoff like the Final Four. Making it is a success, but winning it is a crap shoot that may not produce the best team, just the hottest good team.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Sadly, CFB has now become a just make it to the playoffs, games. So any year were are in the playoffs should be deemed a success.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As long as we beat Tennessee and Auburn... I view the playoff like the Final Four. Making it is a success, but winning it is a crap shoot that may not produce the best team, just the hottest good team.
In playoffs... rarely does the best team win, its more than likely the hottest team at the time.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I would be very happy with a season like that, just a lot less happy than if we go undeafeated and win it all. As a fan group we're well known for being totally unreasonable in our expectations. So far, Coach Saban has put together an unbelievable record of winning. No complaints here. I'm sure the other SEC coaches think he's being unreasonable too with his winning ways.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It is extremely difficult to go undefeated, Coach Bryant only did it 3 times in 25 years with, in general, a much easier schedule. A longer and tougher reg season followed by a 3 game post-season filled with elite or almost elite teams. That is an incredible gauntlet to run undefeated.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If we win the SEC and make it back to the playoff's I will be very happy. I really don't think we will lose at Georgia but anything can happen. Coach Saban has done his job very well and will keep us in the hunt every year he's here. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It would depend on how we lost the playoff game. If we would get dominated I would actually feel better about the loss. However if we get into another game where we get a nice lead and let it slip away that would be hard to accept.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
NOT MUCH ON SPECULATION...
I seem to remember the Shula years when we would have been thrilled with a two loss season. THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

Our continued success under Coach Saban has led many fans to believe the end is near if we loose a couple of games.
I don't want to see us ever loose, but the old saying... 'You can't win em all' comes to mind.
Truth is you can prepare our players to the nth. degree, and they can still have an off day.

I try to not take winning as a given, because we must earn it every week. Parity has brought lesser teams into contention.

(FWIW: Georgia are 'poor winners', maybe as bad as the Barn. I can't stand to be around either when they win.)

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I don't think any team could really compete with Bama when having a good day and everything isworking to perfection, unfortunately every team can have an off day, just don't have two off days in one season and expect to win a natty.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Please stop saying "natty", you sound like Oregon fans :)

That said, I would be happy with another SEC title but of course I want to win the National Championship every year.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Disappointed somewhat, but as others have said you can't win them all. The sun will (hopefully) still rise the next day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.