If the 2014 season happens again for Alabama in 2015, how would you feel?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Say in 2015, Alabama drops one mid-season game (say at Georgia) but goes on to win the rest of their games through the SEC Championship, but loses in the first round of the playoffs. What would you make of that season?

First back to back SEC Championship since 1998, but now three years without playing in the final game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
i really dont want to speak on something that may and may not happen. It's totally Irrelevant right now because there is no way to tell what will happen in the fall.

I will say this in a general context: As long our players played hard and gave 100 percent on the field, I'll be okay with that. I want our Football team to be known for their heart, not wanting to give up and how they fought hard every game. So what if we ends up 10-3, 11-2, 12-1 ? All it matters is we tried hard. Last year we had a great year, we just didn't get it done. This year our players will be more focused and hungier so, we could have same results or better results.... That's the best part about 2015 Football season, we dont know what will happen!

Since 2008
12-2, 14-0, 10-3, 12-1, 13-1, 11-2, 12-2 Not bad at all. Not many teams can do what we can do.

Since 2008,
We played in SEC Championship four times and we're 3-1 in SEC Championship under CNS.

Since 2008,
We've had several players that was named All American each year.

Say in 2015, Alabama drops one mid-season game (say at Georgia) but goes on to win the rest of their games through the SEC Championship, but loses in the first round of the playoffs. What would you make of that season?

First back to back SEC Championship since 1998, but now three years without playing in the final game.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would say its been a good year, probably a lot of fun. It would be disappointing to lose in the playoffs yet again, but depending on how we lost I'd probably be ok with it. Getting there and losing is better than not getting there at all.

And winning the SEC again would be a very nice season.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Another 12-2 season with a SEC Championship, a win over Auburn, and a Play-off appearance is a pretty good season if not great season. We are not going to win the National Championship every year but as long as we are competing for it and have a shot at it late into the season (as we have for 6 of the last 7 years), I will be pleased.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Georgia is the only deal breaker in that scenario for two reasons: 1) the arrogance of UGA would sky rocket and 2) im going to that game. I could take a loss to aTm if we were to lose in October over a loss to Georgia.
As far as the semi final loss it really depends on how great we are and who we play. if we are about what we are thinking now and we lose to anyone but Oregon,OSU, or oklahoma i could say it was a great season, but anything else is hard to swallow.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Georgia is breaking in new QBs... they dont have a starter... WE dont have a starter... IJS....
Florida, Georgia, Vandy, SC, LSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky are looking for Qbs to emerge as a starter in the fall... so why are we worried about them? Coker, if as a starter should be comfortable playing in a SEC game... Wisconsin has a new coach, so He probably dont know what he's getting into against us.
Middle Tennessee... Warm up game.
Ole Miss- They have Qb situation goin gon, and they have Chad Kelly and other dude going at it.. Theyre good, but not that good.
ULM - Warm up game.
(The first four game will be audition for all of the players... we should see regular pattern emerging after ULM Game)
Georgia- QB situation.. probably will rely on their running games more than usual.
Arkansas- I think theyre going to try and be a balanced offense.. throwing the ball a little more. their QB isnt that great...
But who knows.
I think we have advantage over them concerning QB situation.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Georgia is breaking in new QBs... they dont have a starter... WE dont have a starter... IJS....
Florida, Georgia, Vandy, SC, LSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky are looking for Qbs to emerge as a starter in the fall... so why are we worried about them? Coker, if as a starter should be comfortable playing in a SEC game... Wisconsin has a new coach, so He probably dont know what he's getting into against us.
Middle Tennessee... Warm up game.
Ole Miss- They have Qb situation goin gon, and they have Chad Kelly and other dude going at it.. Theyre good, but not that good.
ULM - Warm up game.
(The first four game will be audition for all of the players... we should see regular pattern emerging after ULM Game)
Georgia- QB situation.. probably will rely on their running games more than usual.
Arkansas- I think theyre going to try and be a balanced offense.. throwing the ball a little more. their QB isnt that great...
But who knows.
I think we have advantage over them concerning QB situation.
I don't think any one team worries us--it's just that we have a brutal October schedule.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I don't think any one team worries us--it's just that we have a brutal October schedule.
Yeah, we will probably be favored in every game we play again this year, but we can't win them all every year. In fact, as good as Saban is, he only has one undefeated season. We have more talent than every team we play, but things happen that negate talent disparities at times. Any season with twelve wins and an SEC title should be considered a good season. Last season was one of those good seasons. However, we are Alabama, so I only consider years with both SEC and national titles to be great seasons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.