Bud Light's New Slogan Isn't the Smartest

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sounds nasty? It tastes like someone took an otherwise decent beer and dumped a whole bottle of maraschino cherry juice into it. I don't know if they were trying something new to attract the Hispanic drinker (citrus flavors, etc.) but it didn't work. It tastes just as nasty as it sounds.
As an aside, I used to love Samuel Adams beers. I don't know if they've started adding more hops or whatever, but lately I have to take a couple of gas relief pills before I drink it. Otherwise the outbreaks of flatulence become somewhat unbearable.
at least it's fruity flatulence ;)

i really like(d) the standard sam adams boston lager, but honestly, in the past few years, the only place i have had it is in airport bars where that is the best option available on tap.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
at least it's fruity flatulence ;)

i really like(d) the standard sam adams boston lager, but honestly, in the past few years, the only place i have had it is in airport bars where that is the best option available on tap.
I will forever support Sam Adams as my "backup" beer for what they did for the craft beer industry in 2008. They could have watched competitors fall by the wayside or even used their muscle to buy up more hops to drive their competitors out. Instead they broke into their own hops supply and sold 20,000 pounds of it to 108 other brewers at their cost (which is far better than the small brewers usual cost) to help keep them going. Cool story http://www.pantagraph.com/business/article_3f06ff0a-44a8-53c2-bd18-52b5e6e25977.html

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Thanks, I would agree then that this is one of the poorest conceived ad campaigns ever, not that I would ever drink a light beer to begin with. If I want watered down taste I could always simply add ice to whatever I am drinking.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I will forever support Sam Adams as my "backup" beer for what they did for the craft beer industry in 2008. They could have watched competitors fall by the wayside or even used their muscle to buy up more hops to drive their competitors out. Instead they broke into their own hops supply and sold 20,000 pounds of it to 108 other brewers at their cost (which is far better than the small brewers usual cost) to help keep them going. Cool story http://www.pantagraph.com/business/article_3f06ff0a-44a8-53c2-bd18-52b5e6e25977.html
*like*

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
thanks. sam adams along with anchor steam were two of the first "non-schwag" beers i ever got to try when i was in college, so i always have a soft spot for sam adams

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Poor choice of words? Only because of the outrage. No one can read that and seriously assume Bud Light is encouraging rape. They're encouraging you to let your inhibitions go, which if you're looking for a cheap, tasteless way to do that, I'd say Bud Light is your beer.

My wife and I go with 3 other couples every year to a cabin or a beach house, or some other vacation rental. An insane amount of alcohol is packed. Someone always brings Bud Light or Miller Light in addition to various craft beers & obscene amounts of liquor & mixers. It's a good time. Anyway, during the day when we're just hanging out or watching TV or playing a board game we refer to BL's as "water." If someone is walking towards the kitchen and you ask them to "toss me a water," they're going to toss you a Bud Light. They taste like club soda with less bite.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Poor choice of words? Only because of the outrage. No one can read that and seriously assume Bud Light is encouraging rape. They're encouraging you to let your inhibitions go, which if you're looking for a cheap, tasteless way to do that, I'd say Bud Light is your beer.

My wife and I go with 3 other couples every year to a cabin or a beach house, or some other vacation rental. An insane amount of alcohol is packed. Someone always brings Bud Light or Miller Light in addition to various craft beers & obscene amounts of liquor & mixers. It's a good time. Anyway, during the day when we're just hanging out or watching TV or playing a board game we refer to BL's as "water." If someone is walking towards the kitchen and you ask them to "toss me a water," they're going to toss you a Bud Light. They taste like club soda with less bite.
This past weekend we were out on the lake with some friends. I ran out of milk stout and had to fall back on my friends Coors Light. I made the comment that it tasted like fuzzy water.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I was reading an article last night about fathers and sons, and memories came flooding back of the time I took my son out for his first drink.

Off we went to our local bar, which is only two blocks from the house.

I got him a Miller Genuine. He didn't like it so I drank it.

Then I got him an Old Style, he didn't like it either, so I drank it

It was the same with the Coors and the Bud.

By the time we got down to the Irish whiskey, I could hardly push the stroller back home.

:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.