Yahoo: Meyer: Miller seems 'extremely happy and excited' for 2015 at OSU (Dr. Saturday)

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From Yahoo Sports:
April 28th, 2015 11:11 AM

Urban Meyer isn't expecting quarterback Braxton Miller to leave Ohio State. Here's what the Buckeyes coach said on the Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday when he was asked about the transfer speculation surrounding his senior quarterback. Miller could be eligible to play immediately at another school as a graduate transfer if he wanted to find somewhere else to play. "That surfaced in January and I asked him and he said 'absolutely not' and obviously young people, anyone is allowed to change their mind," Meyer said. "I have not heard it, I did not ask him, one of our strength coaches did and he said I don't know where that's coming from. So I would say Braxton is staying is all indications that I'm getting. And all I can go by is -- I don't go by hearsay, I just talk to the people involved and he seems to be extremely happy and excited for 2015 as a Buckeye." Last week, connections were drawn between Miller and the Alabama Crimson Tide. Miller has been in Tuscaloosa , but to visit friend Trey DePriest while in Alabama to visit Dr. James Andrews, his shoulder surgeon. Miller missed the 2014 season with a shoulder injury. Before Meyer was asked about Miller's status, the topic of the Buckeyes' starting quarterback came up. And unsurprisingly , Meyer didn't commit to one and referenced the statuses of Miller and J.T. Barrett, who are rehabbing from injuries. The two are competing with Cardale Jones, the quarterback who started Ohio State's final three games of 2014 as the Buckeyes won the national title, for 2015's starting job. "We can't name one today," Meyer said. "Cardale went through spring practice, Braxton we're getting him healthy and J.T., we're getting him healthy. And J.T. did a lot of work as well. We have three viable guys." For more Ohio State news, visit BuckeyeGrove.com. - - - - - - - Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at nickbromberg@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @NickBromberg

...READ MORE HERE...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.