Boys and girls, it is over...

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
It's a shame. i knew with this season being played at Hoover that it would be written off. Won't have any excuses next year, though, and his contract is done in 2016, I believe.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It's a shame. i knew with this season being played at Hoover that it would be written off. Won't have any excuses next year, though, and his contract is done in 2016, I believe.
That's what is sad. Gaspard has DONE NOTHING at Bama to prove he was a great coach or deserves to stay here. It's not like our boys couldn't practice or was that out of place in Hoover (not saying that is what you said, I'm directing it to the "excuses" crowd which we both know are out there). Man it was once great to see a Bama team that was FEARED. Now we can't even scare the lower tier teams in the non conference schedule.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
That's what is sad. Gaspard has DONE NOTHING at Bama to prove he was a great coach or deserves to stay here. It's not like our boys couldn't practice or was that out of place in Hoover (not saying that is what you said, I'm directing it to the "excuses" crowd which we both know are out there). Man it was once great to see a Bama team that was FEARED. Now we can't even scare the lower tier teams in the non conference schedule.
I totally agree on the excuse makers. It is amazing how these websites and SEC network announcers are all just shocked that Bama is not going to Omaha. They say "on paper this team has what it takes to be really good." Yes, we do have some talented players. No we don't have a head coach that knows how to manage a game and coach them up. Fire them up. They play just like the coaches are...with no fire or intensity.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I totally agree that it is past time for a change! We need to make a hire like we did with Avery Johnson in basketball that can instill some excitement and in turn develop the talent we have, recruit, and help the team improve. The program has fallen so far in such a short period of time. It wasn't that long ago that it was us and LSU battling it out each year for SEC supremacy and at least winning regionals, super regionals, and going to Omaha. With the renovations of the Joe complete next year, we need to make the change now and start fresh in the "new" stadium...RTR!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
This should be a no-brainer and not anywhere near as difficult to do as hiring CAJ was.

rtr

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Playing in Hoover is of NO advantage to this team. Limited crowd support and the size of the park does not play well to a team with limited power.

A new ballpark should have been built long ago. That is the administration's fault for putting this team in this position.

But Gaspard and his staff are the worst in the conference- and it is not even close. Not having a pitching coach is beyond ridiculous. Andy Phillips should not be the hitting coach- the number of strikeouts by this team is embarrassing. Gaspard's game management drives me nuts- leaves starting pitchers in too long and other just fundamental blunders.

This whole staff needs to go- and a few of the parents of the current team are in complete agreement. They do not deserve to coach in the new stadium.

last years team talent wise should have been in Omaha. But they lost twice to Kennesaw St.- let that sink in for a moment. And lost to Troy twice the previous year in the regional. Just pitiful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.